Octopus Power Ups and Free Energy Sessions

Hadn't even heard of this and I'm in one of the postcodes in their list (despite search not finding it). I've just signed up, or at least, I've tried to sign up, I went through the process and apparently they'll get back to me.

Do you mean powerups or the new one as of tomorrow?

Powerups are great if you get them. Been running almost a year, and has been almost 90 in that time.
Most days they are within the 1pm-5pm time zone, normally 2 or 2.5 hours.

I’m in. Baseline is 0. So assume anything I use will count as over. Not much money to be saved but I’ll not charge car, water, battery as much tonight so there’s something for me to fill up tomorrow.

I’m a little confused. I think I signed up for Power Ups earlier but the email suggests this is Free Electricity.

“Free Electricity... what's the catch?

During these super-green sessions, all the electricity you'd normally use will cost the same. Any extra power you use won't cost a thing. That means you can go to town on all those electricity-hungry household tasks, knowing you won't clock up a big bill afterwards.”

I’m a little confused. I think I signed up for Power Ups earlier but the email suggests this is Free Electricity.

During these super-green sessions, all the electricity you'd normally use will cost the same. Any extra power you use won't cost a thing. That means you can go to town on all those electricity-hungry household tasks, knowing you won't clock up a big bill afterwards.”
There is no catch, they are actually telling you to use as much power as you can in that hour………

Power ups were region dependent I think - this new free electricity thing seems to be nationwide. Also power ups were totally free in that slot. This is just free above normal usage

I think that's me setup for tomorrow, just need to keep an eye on things tomorrow.

I've reduced my overnight scheduled charge to 1hr, just so the battery doesn't go flat before the solar kicks in.
I'll dump battery to grid down to 45% between 11:50 and 12:50
Between 13:00 and 14:00 I'll suck in as much as possible.
After 14:00 batteries should charge to 100% by 16:00 for the flux peak export.

2024-08-14-Free-electric-settings.jpg

There is a power up for those eligible and a free energy session at the same time tomorrow.

Unlike saving sessions there is no tracking you can see for powerups and as they have been going for almost a year they do not seem inclined to change that.
The free energy session is the same format, the webform.

@Feek the power up email will start with "Power-ups" the free energy one with "FYI:Fancy free energy" both come from Pete

To give some idea of the regularity of powerups, no idea if the free energy will provide similar of course. 2023 - date

18-Aug​
31-Aug​
05-Sep​
07-Sep​
12-Sep​
14-Sep​
15-Sep​
19-Sep​
20-Sep​
21-Sep​
26-Sep​
28-Sep​