Octopus Power Ups and Free Energy Sessions

I don't know what on Earth I'm doing wrong. I click on the link in my email and it sends me to a Google form to put in my Octopus account number and email. I do that, click that i agree to take part and submit and nothing happens. I have had no confirmation anywhere that I'm actually taking part. What confirmation has everyone else been getting?

I don't know what on Earth I'm doing wrong. I click on the link in my email and it sends me to a Google form to put in my Octopus account number and email. I do that, click that i agree to take part and submit and nothing happens. I have had no confirmation anywhere that I'm actually taking part. What confirmation has everyone else been getting?

Nothing here either. I expect some technical cephalopods are working to manually process the entered data. I got a page with a melted octopus which directed me to the Google form so I expected a manual process and didn't expect anything on that basis.

That said, there's almost no way for me to actually draw any power during the window tomorrow - I'll be covering my base load with solar (unless we get an eclipse) and even if I didn't charge my batteries overnight, I'd only be able to put ~6kW in anyway during the window - so not worth the faff.

Are you on Octoplus alrady?

@reef

Log into your octopus portal, click on the free energy banner on the top of the page, it should tell you not to sign up again if you've already filled up the form via email.

If you don't see that message, I'd just sign up again through the portal.

Last edited:
@reef

Log into your octopus portal, click on the free energy banner on the top of the page, it should tell you not to sign up again if you've already filled up the form via email.

If you don't see that message, I'd just sign up again through the portal.
I do that, click the sign up button and fill in the form and then nothing happens. The sign up button remains and there's no acknowledgement anywhere that it has done anything.

This is through the portal. There's no mention of anything in the app.

Last edited:
I signed up and it said it was done but no acknowledgment, online it still says 'join now' and offers me to fill in the form again. Pretty ropey system.

Last edited:
Same here. Filled out the form and it says acknowledged. My octopus page still says
"Fancy Free Electricity
Fill your boots with free power when the grid is greenest
Join now"
I've set up my inverter to charge between 1pm-2pm, fingers crossed everything works out *shrug*

Last edited:
Yeah like I said yesterday its the same as the powerups, which after a year of going live still work this way.

I just take a screenshot of the your in splash page and date it for the date of the powerup.
Its really for my records so I know if I did or didnt sign up.
To be fair I have almost 100 powerups paid since it started and every one I have signed up for has been paid so whilst the system is pretty clunky, it does work.

So have I, although I only have 6 days smart meter data, then a two week gap, so I'm technically get an average, unless they retrieve the data very soon, will phone again at lunchtime.

I'm still going to do this it will give me a trial run and work out what I need to do in future.

Currently exporting all excess solar and the battery is sat a 45%

There can't be an excess of solar today looking at the cloud cover

Last edited:
So have I, although I only have 6 days smart meter data, then a two week gap, so I'm technically get an average, unless they retrieve the data very soon, will phone again at lunchtime.

I'm still going to do this it will give me a trial run and work out what I need to do in future.

im already exporting and only getting 400w through the panels lol...... so hard for me to get any excess as i have nothing to switch on and use lol

Its blowing a gale up here, so it'll be the wind. It's nearly half of the grids power at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom