Octopus Power Ups and Free Energy Sessions

Signed up yesterday to both Octoplus and then the free electricity link, no confirmation but I've stuck my Leaf on charge for an hour anyway although Tracker is still 17p per kwh today for some obscure reason?

I've just got the phone with Octopus, seems they have all my half hourly readings, it's just not showing n the app or website.

Only pulling 4kW from the grid, did try turning off the garage PV, but no difference, not sure what's holding it back, but there's 8.2kW which is 150 amps going into the batteries.

I charged the near full batteries during the hour, cooked some food in the air frier, had the air con going flat out & boiled several kettles to do the washing up. The most I managed briefly was 4kW in the hour. Its just contrary to my usual efforts to minimise usage so I find it quite difficult to manage :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Managed just over 18kw and usually this time of day our usage is 0. Lost out on around 1.5kw export, luckily the weather is awful.

Be around £1.12 in savings, ha. Every little helps I guess.

Last edited:
I managed to put ~5kWh into the batteries (charged to 100%) so given the state of the PV generation today that'll mean I'll offset about £1.20 of import over the course of the day, plus the ~2kWh of household consumption. Not a huge amount of money saved but it's better than nothing!

18?! Christ. Mine was 8kW in total so not too shabby for a quick top up of the car.

Home batteries on charge, EV on charge (would have been another EV on charge if my wife was in) AC on in the house on max, dishwasher, stihl chainsaw batteries and immersion heater. Bit of cooking and two kettles.

Managed to use about 3.6kWh. Found it hard to get the usage up as being on a dual inverter system, the second inverter was feeding some of the usage and I couldn't do anything about it. Also discovered if I force charge in the daytime it clips all PV on the SE array which is ridiculous. There's apparently a firmware fix for this so I'll have to get that.

Home batteries on charge, EV on charge (would have been another EV on charge if my wife was in) AC on in the house on max, dishwasher, stihl chainsaw batteries and immersion heater. Bit of cooking and two kettles.

Awesome. Sounds like a great set up you got there, I can't quite justify a battery on my first house but seeing more and more posts about them.

Well I had a powerup so was 13-15:30 for me.
Roughly 10kwh into batteries, 6kwh for immersion, a load of washing and a dishwasher load, around 18kwh in total I think.
PV was flicking around the 3 or so average though around that time. So net import probably more like 10kwh.

Oh and just noticed on email another powerup tomorrow, same time :D

Need to keep enough batt for 5:30-10:30 tomorrow morning. So will probably just dump batts towards end of that time, after using grid from 11:30pm tonight.

Back
Top Bottom