OcUK Beers of the World Weekly Results - France

Caporegime
OP
mine was delicious this week.

Lucky you :)

...just opened this (my gonna be way to popular so damn it I'm not putting it in entry...)

20120909144200633.jpg

.... not even gonna finish it!

EDIT: ..that's not the spirit of the competition, I shall suffer and finish....

Soldato
I got it from beers of europe, have to say it wasn't very good, reminded me of Karmi a Polish beer aimed at women.

Book marking that in case something I like can be found there!

The draft lighter version was pretty nice (Limoge airport had a bar serving it which helped a bit) but the darker bottled version really didn't go down so well last Christmas.

At least we all learnt about French beer for the future...

Caporegime
OP
Book marking that in case something I like can be found there!

The draft lighter version was pretty nice (Limoge airport had a bar serving it which helped a bit) but the darker bottled version really didn't go down so well last Christmas.

At least we all learnt about French beer for the future...

...and keep it in mind next time 'F' comes up ;)

Soldato
Desperados is French?!?

I went into my local Oddbins, Coop and "world beers bar" and none of them had anything French other than Stella and Desperados (which I didn't realise was French else I'd have bought it).

Was working all day Saturday so had no chance to search elsewhere :(

Soldato
Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fischer_Brewery

Found out it was during my research online and took a punt. Just could not source anything better after I spent me entire efforts trying to get hold of Mutzig Old Lager.

Chill your knickers.... I knew it was French thanks to maccapacca, well before it came up. That said, your bottle did show 'Europe' unlike mine ;) which clearly shows France :D

It's French! The 3 are in the bag, just don't cough. Nurse!

Caporegime
OP
Desperados is French?!?

I went into my local Oddbins, Coop and "world beers bar" and none of them had anything French other than Stella and Desperados (which I didn't realise was French else I'd have bought it).

Was working all day Saturday so had no chance to search elsewhere :(

Unlucky mate, that said always great to see a newbie and one that makes an effort, ... well Germany next week.

Soldato
I AM POSSIBLY THE MOST STUPID USELESS PERSON EVER!

First of all massive apologies DJ, completely forgot to email you that I wouldn't be able to get an entry in as I was on a stag doo all weekend and didn't have anything sorted before Friday.

The reason for the first line? I was drinking Desperados all weekend! I knew it was french but it never clicked.

Caporegime
OP
Lol I do have a standard photo as per other weeks but on review it was a bit close to the mark(nips) lol, so had to reshoot after I went out.

I suspect normal service will resume next week, it is germany afterall so busty bravarian shots perhaps, I'm sure everyone will join in.

Wouldn't have been the first (not from yourself I might add) pic I've had to edit .... hence the smilie face lines early in compo.

Email in trust, it might be acceptable to post, but obviously I would need to check first.

Yes Hank that's fine :D Though don't forget the OcUK!!!!

Jokester absolutely not that would be tantamount to cheating! ;)

PS: any moob shots will have points deducted!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom