OcUK Beers of the World Weekly Results - France

Caporegime
OP
I AM POSSIBLY THE MOST STUPID USELESS PERSON EVER!

First of all massive apologies DJ, completely forgot to email you that I wouldn't be able to get an entry in as I was on a stag doo all weekend and didn't have anything sorted before Friday.

The reason for the first line? I was drinking Desperados all weekend! I knew it was french but it never clicked.

Don't worry matey it's only a few points dropped :) Now as for the Desperados ..... eeeewwww no nooo!

Remember all.... Entries can be posted in during the week (anytime after the 8pm closing point from previous entry), well in advance and you can send multiple weeks as long as post in the main thread to say you're going to. Oh and always remember to send each week as a seperate clearly marked (ie. country being entered) email. Hope this helps everyone :)

Soldato
Box came in the post this afternoon!

Now got some suspect looking French beer for the game tomorrow... :D

Have 2 of each of the Page 24's (on is rhubarb and the other is regular) which are each 5.9% and the massive thing is 8.5% :eek: No idea what to make of the massive thing, it has a cork!

More importantly mad looking German entry is sorted! (Holland turned out to be from Belgium, so who ever labeled Gent as in Holland needs a kick in the groin)

Last edited:
Soldato
I am not too upset any more, 3 points for my trip to Putney made it ok.

The 3 Monts is going to be a lot of fun I think... It's description was

A wonderful return to nature, with its flavour of yesteryear, this is a beer that was drawn from wooden metal-circled barrels to fill so many mugs in Flanders bars! Its bitterness comes from hop fields scattered throughout the region. Brewed by infusions, it is an old-fashioned rising beer made with strong and hearty Flemish hops. One of the classic Northern French Ales.

Which seems interesting...

The page 24 is supposed to be refreshing (well the 4.9% version...)

Soldato
Awh, Jester. You were missing me?

A lot of beers I've never heard of, and some I have. A good mixed bag. My beer looks very German, I think that's the point. I did however send in a picture of the side of the can that says that it's French. It wasn't very nice.

Germany should be good.

What was Jokester plotting?

Caporegime
OP
Awh, Jester. You were missing me?

A lot of beers I've never heard of, and some I have. A good mixed bag. My beer looks very German, I think that's the point. I did however send in a picture of the side of the can that says that it's French. It wasn't very nice.

Germany should be good.

What was Jokester plotting?

Always buddy! :D

Jokester was wanting to perv... gotta love him too :D

Associate
Just in case you're all wondering why I have 0 points (again), I, err, kinda messed up and thought this week was Germany... :(

For extra irony points, I was sitting in a bar with three lovely ladies on Friday night who were all drinking Kronenbourg and I was berating them for drinking French mass-produced crap instead of a fine German brew like I was... :p

Caporegime
OP
Just in case you're all wondering why I have 0 points (again), I, err, kinda messed up and thought this week was Germany... :(

For extra irony points, I was sitting in a bar with three lovely ladies on Friday night who were all drinking Kronenbourg and I was berating them for drinking French mass-produced crap instead of a fine German brew like I was... :p

Germany this week :)

Associate
Congratulations everyone.

So me and Mrs_S have a couple of good ones for Germany I hope. Do we get extra points for taking the pictures on location? :p

Oh, and we hade some nice Czech beers to make up for (mine at least) not so good bottles for the competition entries.

Caporegime
OP
Congratulations everyone.

So me and Mrs_S have a couple of good ones for Germany I hope. Do we get extra points for taking the pictures on location? :p

Oh, and we hade some nice Czech beers to make up for (mine at least) not so good bottles for the competition entries.

Bonus points.... not even as a belated wedding present :p

;):)

Back
Top Bottom