OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
OP
Thanks for the sentiments people! Some years ago I was 6'3 and just 10.5 stone so it's good to now be at 13 stone. I'm not sure what is a good weight to aim for though, any advice?

Is there any suggestion on weight gain supplements to? I have been using Maximuscle but that stuff is expensive!

Just eat plenty of quality food every 3 hrs and don't worry about the scales too much, your weight will increase naturally.

You're doing great mate :)

Associate
OP
Perhaps he is under the impression that 1 weeks gym work will show a visible difference.

I know some people who dont exercise and then do so for just a few days, after which they start looking at themselves in the mirror, convincing themselves that in the few days they have been exercising, there is a big difference. I'm not joking.

Sounds like a mental disorder, quite common in the world of bodybuilding: Bigorexia, Orthorexia nervosa, body dysmorphic disorder etc.

Theres one at my gym who's apparantly been training 20yrs, bores everyone silly with his "knowledge" on nutrition, training and supplements, the regular members avoid him like the plague. Quite funny to see him preaching to the new members. Crazy thing is, he looks like michelin man but believes he's awesome! You should see him pulling his stomach in and posing :D

Associate
OP
This thread is inspiring, some good bodies in here (in a non-gay way).

Thats great to hear DS :)

By dedicating a few hours a week to working out and following a healthy eating plan, anybody can make a change to their physical appearance.

Still no fitness ladies posted yet though, shame. Who's going to be the first? :cool:

Do any ladies even visit SA?

Associate
OP
Cutting progress: (first pic 3 weeks ago)

cuttingprogressvt8.jpg

Taken Yesterday:

dsc00236zh9.jpg

dsc00227jv1.jpg

Been training around 4yrs but the first year was at home with limited weights.

Associate
OP
Low fat diet? :(

I find when carbs are lowered it's good to higher the fats.

You reckon you've lost much muscle with that strategy?

Looking good, strong chest.

I'm aware that the current trend with bodybuilders is for a higher fat diet, but i feel, as with most things, the benefits get exaggerated. btw, i'm on a low fat diet not a no fat diet :)

IMO, when on a cut the obvious macro to cut down on is fat as it contains over twice as many calories as protein or carbs plus the fact that fat is a pretty inneficient energy source.

Of course fats are important in the diet for good health and i do eat nuts, seeds, oily fish etc everyday and have done for years :)

As for muscle loss, well i'm not hitting any PB's or even matching my PB's on the major lifts so i guess i have lost a little size but i believe its as minimal as possible (being a natty). I'm not down to super low BF% anyway, and thats where i believe you are in the real danger zone for heavy catobolism.

Its been a good learning experience though and i would definitely use this diet strategy again.

Thanks to those who gave me positive comments :)

Associate
OP
I was with you until you said this :(

Oh well :)

I'd just like to point out though, my workouts are mostly done in the daytime or very early evening when my carb intake has been plentyfull. Its only later on in the evenings where my carbs are limited. I'm going to continue doing this even when bulking in future.

Well the cut is over now and its almost time to kick back with a well earned 4 week holiday in the sunshine :D (the reason i went on a cut). The hotel has a great gym though so you can guess where i'll be visiting every day ;)

Associate
OP
Hey whys everyone being super critical towards dafloppyone here? Hardly any way of encouraging people to post their pics now is it.

Looking good dafloppyone, thanks for contributing to the thread :)

OCUK Bodybuilders, don't be shy get your pics up and lets see how everyones progressing :cool:

Associate
OP
Fair comments lads and i agree. Constructive criticism can only be a good thing :) it just seemed like everyone sort of...jumped on him.

Anyway, respect to anyone who has the bottle to post their pics which is what the thread is all about :)

Associate
OP
Well done Wardie. You've made great progress in quite a short space of time if i remember, how long you been training now?

Robert1986, you've obviously been working very hard, great physique. You look much heavier than 180 in that second pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom