OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Killa Ken's pics have been around, he's a big lad and clearly his training is working for him, but he has his style of doing things which don't suit everyone.

I myself am more on the "get big" side of things, I don't really care about discomfort, my traps and shoulders are well developed, but even when they weren't I never had issues doing heavy squats with the bar resting correctly on my back.

I have to say that I feel all compound exercises are vital for development. This includes, squats of all flavours, deadlifts of all flavours, flat & incline bench - this with good and well performed isolation exercises are the best way of good growth gains. It doesn't have to be about showing off, but if you don't do the exercise well then you're not going to achieve much.

Soldato
OK, my curiosity has got the better of me. Killa_Ken, do you have a picture on here? I know you must have but please don't say it's somewhere in this thread or in another 100 page thread cos I don't fancy an hour trying to find it :p

I have very few pictures on these boards, there are some but not many. I have issue taking pictures of myself posing or without my top on, don't ask me why I just feel self conscious about doing it. Most of the pictures I have posted just happen to be someone taking a snap while I'm not looking.

There is a picture that I posted quite recently, I'm not sure which thread but I'm sure you can do a search for some imagetags with my username :p

As freefaller said, I am brutal with everyone about doing squats, not because they're a man exercise or because it's what real men do, but because I have seen ridiculous, steroid like results from doing them so often.Most people wouldnt be able to guess that less then 5 years ago I had an eating problem and was weighing 6.5 stone at 6ft. When I started training I was doing it all wrong and I wish someone had shown me what to do and most importantly told me to SQUAT! People underestimate just how important legs are in even daily activities. For those of you into your martial arts I'm sure you appreciate that a Big squat can do a lot more damage to someone the a big bench or big biceps.

I train for one thing only and thats power, I play professional football (the american kind) and thus our bodies are built by trainers to be the most powerful, fastest and most agile around. We arn't built to bench press a huge amount or to BOR silly amounts. We are built to have a big set of wheels, a big core and a big set of shoulders.

I actually passed out the workout that I am given by one of the nations best strength coach for athletes so if any of you want to see where I get my inspiration and drive from feel free to ask me or someone like Clipsey who is currently following it. :)

As an idea, it consists mostly of Squats, Powercleans and overhead squats.

Edit: Damn that was an essay! :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I actually passed out the workout that I am given by one of the nations best strength coach for athletes so if any of you want to see where I get my inspiration and drive from feel free to ask me or someone like Clipsey who is currently following it. :)

As an idea, it consists mostly of Squats, Powercleans and overhead squats.

Lies the lot of it!! :p All you passed me wa your bicep work out that consisted of Saturday night + a bag of sugar? :confused:
haha but no I do love the worksheet thingy - followed it to every detail for 10wks I think it was and although it was brutal made some mega gains (strength wise) so loved it!! :)
Oh and OHsquats are awesome although you can't beat the sheer volume of weight you can load up on back squats!

2nd Oh - Ken we didn't ask for your life story ;):D

Man of Honour
Maybe this is something I'm doing wrong but occasionally I find my right wrist gets a little sore doing back squats, everything else is fine, just the right wrist. I did have it in plaster several years ago so that could possibly be a reason. It isn't enough to make me stop but I'd prefer if it didn't get quite so sore. Any advice?

And although I'm expecting variations of "do the five knuckle shuffle" as happens everytime sore wrists are mentioned, anything slightly more helpful would be appreciated too. :D

Man of Honour
Maybe this is something I'm doing wrong but occasionally I find my right wrist gets a little sore doing back squats, everything else is fine, just the right wrist. I did have it in plaster several years ago so that could possibly be a reason. It isn't enough to make me stop but I'd prefer if it didn't get quite so sore. Any advice?

And although I'm expecting variations of "do the five knuckle shuffle" as happens everytime sore wrists are mentioned, anything slightly more helpful would be appreciated too. :D

Grab a powerball and give it a go I find it quite good for my wrists

Associate
OK Ken :D

I'd like to try squats but I just completely fail at bending my knees and having my arse come out and that 45 degree angle with my knees out forward.. I mean I just can't do it.. I can't go down like that without nearly falling over and an incredible burning sensation in my shins....

Any tips?

Man of Honour
OK Ken :D

I'd like to try squats but I just completely fail at bending my knees and having my arse come out and that 45 degree angle with my knees out forward.. I mean I just can't do it.. I can't go down like that without nearly falling over and an incredible burning sensation in my shins....

Any tips?

Do you stretch at all before doing it? It might ease the pressure on your shins.

Cheers blitz2163, I do actually have a Powerball somewhere so I'll need to dig it out when I go home this weekend and try it again.

Caporegime
be careful by stretching before exercising.

if you are worried about squat form then try this:

face a wall, about 1' from it
position yourself for a squat (if you need to hold something to emulate a bar then use a wooden staff or a broom or something)
squat down - parallel or lower
if you fall backwards then you are doing it wrong, leaning too far back
if you faceplant the wall you are leaning too far forward, get on the heels not toes, or you are bending too much at the hips/waist.

Associate
be careful by stretching before exercising.

if you are worried about squat form then try this:

face a wall, about 1' from it
position yourself for a squat (if you need to hold something to emulate a bar then use a wooden staff or a broom or something)
squat down - parallel or lower
if you fall backwards then you are doing it wrong, leaning too far back
if you faceplant the wall you are leaning too far forward, get on the heels not toes, or you are bending too much at the hips/waist.

THanks, I'll try this + stretch

Associate
Got some new pics here. Just started to gym hard and eating more. I still have a LONG way to go but the lst picture shows what i was like a year or two ago. i think i have made some gains but still i am a runt :p

Soldato
I love this forum, it has a bit of everything on it. :D
I've been interested in getting bigger since I can remember but never seem to find the time / energy / enthusiasm to get stuck into it.
I've spent a fortune on equipment over the years but only have a pull up bar and a ruddy expensive rowing machine left now.
At the beginning of this year I had joined up to one of the online exercise programs and I lasted about three weeks before giving up. :(
Really annoys me that I can't motivate myself.
A couple of my girlfriends have said they like my physique, but to me I think I have grown moobs and gained love handles.
It's not like I'm shy of some hard graft either, as I used to be in the Royal marines reserves, that was some mind machine I couldn't deal with for more than a month or two either.
The after burn of an exercise does feel good with all the endorphins pumping round, but I just can't seem to tap into that enough to make me "want to" train, it's always a ball ache and I guess the reason I give up. :(
Might spend a bit more time in here to see if I can gain some momentum.. again

Soldato

As someone else who started quite recently i reckon probably the most important thing that lets you do this over a sustained period of time is simply just getting into a routine, once its established and youve mentally blocked off certain evenings/hours whatever for working out and youve adjused your diet its almost harder to stop doing it than give up.

Anyway, good luck.

Associate
Getting a training partner is always good motivation too. If you miss a session you are letting someone else down as well as yourself - just adds an extra kick up the bum.

Soldato
Id like to know what youve been doing in two years?

You need to start eating big. And stop doing bicep curls.

Amazing feats can be achieved in two years, All i can see is bigger biceps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom