OCUK BUILD LOG -ULTIMA PLESIOSAUR

Soldato
OP
a lot of you are talking about watercooled 580's, this is our middle of the range WC system presently as we will be building a ultra high end version will GFX watercooled also :)

Soldato
Well OcUK are usually a bit high with their overclocks, so if they dont offer 5ghz, then maybe its a bit risky

hope it works ok for you
Thanks, it won't come here until next week. Will show-off photos soon. They say to me that overclocked 5GHz are within the range of vcore limit and temperature are no higher than 65C on custom water 24/7. And two brilliant's 580's graphic cards come with liquid water cooling too.

Can't wait until it come! :)

Associate
a lot of you are talking about watercooled 580's, this is our middle of the range WC system presently as we will be building a ultra high end version will GFX watercooled also :)

Nice. I'll be holding my funds for that one then :) This build is looking pretty tidy, but I can wait a couple more months to upgrade.

Associate
not at all, a pair of GTX 480 cards [which run a lot hotter] are fine in that configuration. so the 580s will be fine :)

It's not just the heat exchanged between the two cards, its the extra heat that will be radiated upwards towards the rest of the components. Once upon a time I had a pair of 8800GTX's air cooled in sli reasonably close together, and when I added that second one, system temps went up across the board (at the time only cpu was watercooled).
Once I could afford to watercool the 2 GTX's I did and I noticed a significant drop in the north/southbridge temps after the heat from the gpu's was being taken away by the water.
Perhaps GPU cooling has came a long way since then, and radiating heat isn't a problem anymore, but for me if I was spending that kind of money i'd just go that extra mile and get the whole lot watercooled.

By the way, love the way the colours work together, looks very high end and not tacky at all.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
commercially overclocking to 5ghz is near impossible.
simple as that.
I have probably overclocked upwards of 2000 SB cpus now, i would say that less than 5% of them would be capable of 5ghz

the main focal point of an OCUK system is a high overclock
but this has to be a RELIABLE overclock too.
the system has to be warrantied for a one year period and then supported for its functional lifetime. this means that CPU degradation has to be accounted for.
I would personally guarantee that a 5ghz system will not be 100% stable and would be well above safe running voltages for the CPU.

Soldato
My order for 5GHz custom water cooling had now been cancelled due to rjk was correct about 5GHz was impossible. I will order a custom water cooling from ocuk only if they do both graphic cards gtx580 along with cpu as I think rjk is correct there about stable and guarantee 4.6GHz (no more than that) for 24/7 in use.

I just had to wait for the high end graphic cards become watercooled.

OcUK Staff
My order for 5GHz custom water cooling had now been cancelled due to rjk was correct about 5GHz was impossible. I will order a custom water cooling from ocuk only if they do both graphic cards gtx580 along with cpu as I think rjk is correct there about stable and guarantee 4.6GHz (no more than that) for 24/7 in use.

I just had to wait for the high end graphic cards become watercooled.

When did you cancel? After you saw rjk's comment? That was at 8PM, don't tell me the company was open at 8PM onwards. :p

I'd love to know where you ordered from, feel free to send it to me through trust.

Soldato
When did you cancel? After you saw rjk's comment? That was at 8PM, don't tell me the company was open at 8PM onwards. :p

I'd love to know where you ordered from, feel free to send it to me through trust.

Ok sure I sent you via your trust!

UPDATED: Just sent you trust

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom