OCUK BUILD LOG -ULTIMA PLESIOSAUR

Soldato
OP
My order for 5GHz custom water cooling had now been cancelled due to rjk was correct about 5GHz was impossible. I will order a custom water cooling from ocuk only if they do both graphic cards gtx580 along with cpu as I think rjk is correct there about stable and guarantee 4.6GHz (no more than that) for 24/7 in use.

I just had to wait for the high end graphic cards become watercooled.

Sorry bulldog but something sounds greatly amiss.

Soldato
Surprise they had phoned me ask me why did I cancel my pre-order and I had explained to them that I felt 5GHz is not guarantee overclocked and they had sent me via my email of their proof of 5GHz was stable (on air cooler but say it will be 65C on water cooling) here:

They are very disappointed now as they think I made a mistake not to take it.

Soldato
I am sure 1.425v in windows is far dangerous as it can kill the chip if use 24/7 but the guy I spoke to on the phone, it won't overkill the chip if it was on proper water cooling but I did ask them to sent me a photo of water-cooling temperature of 65C to proof me wrong but they haven't sent me one yet! Hard to believe it I guess.

So, I stick with ocuk safer vcore within range of 1.32v to 1.38v in windows.

Can ocuk confirmed me, which vcore should I watch out in bios, is it right under M.I.T or under Advanced Voltage Settings (on the left side CPU Vcore or on the right side) or on the health monitor as there seem lots of VID and vcore on the bios. Don't know which one to look out for ? The reason I ask this because I try LLC Level 7 and put vcore 1.310V on the right side and under loads in windows it went shoot up to between 1.356v, 1.368v and 1.380v even thought I set vcore in the bios 1.310v. It seem massive big jump in vdroop. Is it safe for 4.6GHz 24/7 in use ?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Surprise they had phoned me ask me why did I cancel my pre-order and I had explained to them that I felt 5GHz is not guarantee overclocked and they had sent me via my email of their proof of 5GHz was stable (on air cooler but say it will be 65C on water cooling) here:
/URL]

They are very disappointed now as they think I made a mistake not to take it.

That is a laugable voltage for a system they will have to provide a warranty on. Good call cancelling.

Associate
does a watercooling system need any maintenance, do you need change out water or anything or is it simple like h50/h70 etc?

Associate
you should flush the system every 6 months or so ideally, and clean the pipes out at least, if not all the WC components as you can get a build up of dirt in there. But I left mine for a year and had no issues.
I have had my current WC system from OCUK for 2 years and gone through 2 XPSC pump/reservoirs (i'm glad to see they are not using those in this build) and I changed the fluid twice, and its still going strong. Only ever flushed the CPU block and rad.
Its certainly not zero maintenance, but its easily manageable for someone with basic knowledge (like myself) :)
You dont need to top it up for months on end other than when you have just changed the fluid and it takes a little while to get all the air out of the loop.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So, does ocuk will make sure it all topped up before shipping out ?, do we need to top up water or change fresh water every year like a car service ?

The system won't need topping up when you receive it.

Like metioned above me, it is recommended to check your fluid level and top it up every 6 months or so. Obviously depends on how often the system gets used. You don't really need to do a full flush but once a year for that isn't a bad thing.

Associate
Where does the dirt come from?

If the rig is built properly in sterile conditions you don't get any, but otherwise, and over time you can get some algae looking gunk in the tube and components.
My OCUK rig (H2OC Trident) was obviously built well enough as I had no need to do anything for a year until the pump failed, at which point I cleaned it all when changing the pump.

Associate
Noticed your using the UD7, what are the advantages of this over a UD3/4/5? TIA

It's a bigger number, therefore it must be better. :rolleyes:

Srsly, the main advantage for an OC board is VRM phases - the UD7 has 24, the others have less (12/16/20). More phases means less stress on each phase, and better overall "smoothing" to give an ultra-stable Vcore/Vdimm.

My UD3H has only 7 phases :( but still OC's pretty well (2500K @ 4.6GHz is OK) but I'd probably get 4.9GHz+ with the extra stability of the UD7, or need a lower Vcore to get the same OC.

Back
Top Bottom