• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Comet Lake S review thread

People have been asking for 4k benchmarks...

It would appear the fastest 4k gaming cpu in the world is not the 10900k, but the 3300x

Last edited:
good find!
sure does like power but I cant believe how well it handles the heat even with 300+ watt going in,

this 10600k wasn't the best I've seen as it needed 1.35/1.4vcore so again higher power figures. others can do 5GHz at 1.3vcore.

If you want the absolute best for gaming, then the 10900k is the one to get. That said, I'd hold up upgrading from a 8700k until Intel's next gen architecture launches.

It's amazing that Intel is still king of gaming with a 5 year old architecture, just imagine how much IPC (performance per core) improvement we'll see, exciting times :)

Looks like the IPC dream is fading fast

ahttps://wccftech.com/intel-11th-gen-rocket-lake-6-core-desktop-cpu-benchmarks-leak/

4.1ghz 6 core rocket lake is loosing to 4.3ghz 6 core 10400 comet lake by 8%

The 10400 only has a 5% clock speed advantage but beats the "11400" By 8%

If anything it looks like rocket lake has lower ipc than Comet lake, well what's the point then, is rocket lake going to do 6ghz?

A friend tried going 6700k to 9900KS to stop the 100%ing of Odyssey. 5.3ghz all core and it still hits 100% in the same areas. Only solution is turn volumetric clouds from ultra to very high (it looks the same). 10900k will be the same, you might get the GPU to run at 95%+ most of the time though.

Yeah I have played that game. Albeit only to around level 15.

I use the hardware-unboxed settings. Never had an issue.

I think my CPU is still ok. One or two dropped frames on the odd game I can cope with.

Do you know what I hate about reviews with their power consumption. They never test power consumption (cpu only) overclocked when gaming and full stressed test. It's always only the full stressed test. And most of the time it is at stock.

TPU are one of the better ones cos they have average gaming, single-threaded, multi-threaded and energy efficiency (power used), though it's still under one type of load for each option and seeing as power is probably the main differentiation for these versus Zen, it's rather annoying! I remember the same issue with early Ryzen reviews because most of the reviews had their power way higher than the Intel equivalents, which when it came to typical desktop and gaming use, they were using similar, or even less power. I'm pretty sure the overclocked power for Comet lake is going to be insane, because of these 5 Ghz+ clocks.

Back
Top Bottom