• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** OcUK Crysis DX9 TopList ***

3870crysis.jpg

New processor and graphics card later :)
Also got e8400 very slightly overclocked at 3.15ghz:D
Will try upping that along with 3870 clocks somewhen

EDIT: Now sorted out e8400 so got that to 3.6ghz, and upped the 3870 quite a bit (that fan is loud at 100% lol)
maximumcrysis.jpg

I think breaking 40 is gonna take something, but it should be possible....

Last edited:
Hmm, i can't get the benchmark tool to run... odd

'The application failed to initialise properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application'

EDIT: Fix this by installing the .net framework optional updates, works a treat now, and this is the result:

crysisbenchmark.jpg

Which i'm not happy about considdering the above post :eek:

So i decided to run it at stock gpu clocks, result:
crysisbenchmarkstock.jpg

Silly cpu limited crads :D - I'll get another run up at some point with a bit more of a cpu clock to see what these can do.

Last edited:
Hey rippling, what kind of in game performance do you get with those 3870's. 70 fps average is frickin amazing!!1!!

hi everything high , and game is silky smooth although i turn motion blur off as it makes me feel sick while playin !!! if i get time i will post a video with fraps if i can , i onl wish game was better i get tired of it to quick , aliens just aint my thing , looking forwards to the jurrasic park mod !

hi everything high , and game is silky smooth although i turn motion blur off as it makes me feel sick while playin !!! if i get time i will post a video with fraps if i can , i onl wish game was better i get tired of it to quick , aliens just aint my thing , looking forwards to the jurrasic park mod !

Sounds crazy. What res was that by the way, and just out of interest, what do you think is the single most important part in your rig thats letting you unleash crysis. I have an X2 which i chose over the crossfire setup because of flickering and other problems etc, do you reckon the 4gig cpu is helping performance a lot?

hi i play at 1440x900 as thats native res of monitor , TBH i couldnt say what is the best part of the system , only reason i went for the x2 3870 were to get them in pcie 2

81...36.730 | Straxusii | amd opteron 180 @ 2900mhz | nvidia 8800gt 512mb @ 775/1000/1691 | Windows XP 32bit

Just upgraded the CPU to a wolfdale 8500 @ 3.8ghz and now get 44.9 fps, same gpu and gpu settings

I don't have web hosting so can't do screen shot, but my PC did 50.21FPS average over 3 full runs. Spec as sig! CPU at 3.15 8800GT at 650Core, 1625 Shader, and 900 memory. Running DX9 64bit on Vista 64 Premium.

Andy

Back
Top Bottom