• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**** OcUK Crysis Warhead Top-List ****

Soldato
My SLI GTX 280 is like 9800GTX at that res too, thats why I didnt submit one (got about 48 fps) :p. That low res one is pretty meaningless for the really high end cards.

Soldato
I still don't fully understand the CPU bottleneck lark.. How if both cores aren't running at 100% is it cpu bottlenecked? Do the lesser cache and instruction set mean you can only draw performance out of a given amount of ghz? If so, why does say, a 3.6ghz 65nm dual core perform faster than a 3ghz 65nm dual core, if it were indeed the cache/whatever that was the limiting factor with the chip?

Strife212: I presume if you run the benchmark and monitor use of your dual core it never hits 100% on both cores, or even close?

TBH the results posted so far are so varied it's hard finding any correlation with anything at all. Could someone please explain why if a game can't use all of a 3.6ghz dual, it should be any less cpu bottlenecked with a 4.5ghz dual?

Associate
It certainly looks like crossfire is not supported in warhead. Is theis a game thing or a driver thing?

Also looking at Mr. Strife results it doesn't loook like 280 SLI is supported either or if it then it scales really badly in the game.

Soldato
SLI has gotta be doing something as I am slightly ahead, not by much though.

Something that might be interesting: This is from original Crysis (my own results)

GTX 280
21fps 1920x1200 Very High Crysis DX10 Benchmark

GTX 280 x2 SLI
36fps 1920x1200 Very High Crysis DX10 Benchmark

(edit: it could actually just the resolution now I think about it, multi card set ups start pulling away the higher you go)

Last edited:
Associate
I have a theory Mr. strife. That the second card in your setup is not being used hardly if at all. You can turn on the SLI indicators via nvidia control panel.

When I use to have my 790i setup runnig the one thing I noticed was that it felt faster in games than the x48 I have now. I never really fraps it to confirm it. The one game where it "felt" the most fastest was funnily enough the original crysis benchmark.

A quick test between a x48 and a 790i showed me at least a 5fps differential while running that benchmark between the two. Now I am not sure what board you running now but it doesn't sound to me like it's a 790i that's for certain. But it still running an Nvidia card on it native platform while being optimised as crysis warhead is an Nvidia game. This would certainly explain the low framerates for a setup like yours yet still being currently at the top of the leaderboard.

It will be interesting to see if peeps with 790i/280 sli combos post their scores as from that we will be able to see what is going on with your setup. I don't think it a cpu issue in this case. I think it is a case of your second car being hardly utilised at all.

I don't really consider this a fair benchmark for ATI users as formerly having a 4870 and knowing from that what the card is capable of and not capable of this benchmark doesn't reflect it.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
why are so many people running the airfield demo when it quite clearly says "ambush flythrough" in the first post AND on the form itself? :(

anyways, scores deleted, updated, etc :p

Soldato
1280x1024
Gamer
as-1.jpg

Associate
Loowi>I don;t think it does. Take a look at the ati results. Whether you are running the X2 or crossfired 4870's you still get the same performance as a single 4870.

There should be some sort of increase whether large or small even if the scaling is not there. But there is no increase at all. You lot are all within a few FPS of each other. Like about 3 give or take.

So it's fair to say crysis warhead doesn't support crossfire presently. Whether this could be fixed with a patch or via ati drivers time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom