OcUK Dadsnet thread

Soldato
We are suffering at the hands of an early pregnancy miscarriage (5ish weeks). Pretty down at the moment, we conceived amazingly quickly and were so happy that things were going well. I know it's really common but we can't stop feeling gutted and a bit emotional.

Hoping for better days in the future

Soldato
OP
We are suffering at the hands of an early pregnancy miscarriage (5ish weeks). Pretty down at the moment, we conceived amazingly quickly and were so happy that things were going well. I know it's really common but we can't stop feeling gutted and a bit emotional.

That sucks dude. It really is very common (we had 2 before we had Riley), and while that doesn't change how it feels it's important to remember that it's not anyone's fault (especially for her). All I can say is that it was worth trying again!

Soldato

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Many people, and parents, have been in the same situation - me included. The feeling of loss can be marked, even early on in the pregnancy, so there's no shame in feeling down. I would urge you and your partner to seek medical advice if there isn't an improvement in a week or two, in case it develops into something more serious or long-lasting. Most importantly, remember to take it easy on each other.

That said, there are more rainbow babies in the world than most people know (my two have just hit 21 weeks today!) so keep looking forward, and I hope you both feel better soon.

Don
We suffered an early miscarriage too, like the other posters have said it is very very common and it is nobody's fault.

Try and do some activities together to keep your mind off of it, the sadness will pass

Soldato
Bowie has just turned one year old and he's such a dude. Brilliant how quickly their personality comes through isn't it? The Mrs is in bits over him pretty much all of the time, sometimes it's hard to tell if it's tears of joy or not though haha. I guess this is life now, an emotionally unstable partner and a bag of craziness in a little boy.

Must. Hold. The. Fort.

UdO7o1C.jpg

qH2AKDN.jpg

Soldato
Both of mine wake up around 0830 if I don't wake them up.
I hate you:p. My daughter tends to come through at 5.30 and often wakes my son (who migrates at some point during the night, the little ninja). Just at my mum and dads, and they've finally dug out the scalextric set. Considering it's from my childhood it's still working, but the kids can't understand you have to slow down on the curves. It's quite funny watching them play (although it did descend into chaos when they both have a car on the same track, it's an analogy set).

Associate
Many parents have told me the same thing :p

Our daughter has slept 8:00 to 08:00 nearly every day and has a nap in the middle of the day without fuss top that!

In reality we're now starting to see it wasn't going to last forever, she now has decided getting up for half an hour in the middle of the night to wake us up is a good thing to do. :(

Associate
Bowie has just turned one year old and he's such a dude. Brilliant how quickly their personality comes through isn't it? The Mrs is in bits over him pretty much all of the time, sometimes it's hard to tell if it's tears of joy or not though haha. I guess this is life now, an emotionally unstable partner and a bag of craziness in a little boy.

Must. Hold. The. Fort.

UdO7o1C.jp

qH2AKDN.jp

This made me lol. Totally agree with you, funny how most people in this thread feel the same in the similar situation.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
What was the first movie you showed your kids and how old were they?

As a contrast, what's the first you yourself remember and at what age?

Associate
2 weeks in to 'dad life' and my paternity has now come to an end. I've thoroughly enjoyed being at home and it's going to be so hard for me to go back tomorrow but needs must. I fortunately have a fair amount of holiday saved up (incase my OH needed a C-Section) so it looks like i'm going to have around a month off over Christmas which is gonna be nice.

It's been nice to be a hands on Dad, I've done as much as possible to help my wife in her recovery, helping her bond with baby but also letting her have some time to get her **** together on her own for a hour or two. Today me and the little one went motorbike shopping, don't think she was too interested, but it felt great to be out in the big wide world with my daughter and the amount of attention a 'fresh spawn' draws is unreal.

Soldato
OP
2 weeks in to 'dad life' and my paternity has now come to an end. I've thoroughly enjoyed being at home and it's going to be so hard for me to go back tomorrow but needs must. I fortunately have a fair amount of holiday saved up (incase my OH needed a C-Section) so it looks like i'm going to have around a month off over Christmas which is gonna be nice.

It's been nice to be a hands on Dad, I've done as much as possible to help my wife in her recovery, helping her bond with baby but also letting her have some time to get her **** together on her own for a hour or two. Today me and the little one went motorbike shopping, don't think she was too interested, but it felt great to be out in the big wide world with my daughter and the amount of attention a 'fresh spawn' draws is unreal.

The cool part is that every day feels like Friday because you're looking forwards to getting home to see your kid.

Back
Top Bottom