OcUK Dadsnet thread

Soldato
We are suffering at the hands of an early pregnancy miscarriage (5ish weeks). Pretty down at the moment, we conceived amazingly quickly and were so happy that things were going well. I know it's really common but we can't stop feeling gutted and a bit emotional.

Hoping for better days in the future

That's awful news and I wish you and your wife all the best at what is an incredibly difficult time no matter what people say there is no good/easy time for a miscarriage they are all rubbish. We have had three and it definitely doesn't get any easier and no matter how hard you try the minute you see that blue line on a test you are emotionally invested. Take time so you can both process whats happened and most importantly talk about it you will be surprised how many people have been through the same thing ignore the stiff upper lip nonsense and then if and when you feel ready for it try again and if/when you see that blue line try and remain positive.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Guys, baby eczema. Our little girl (16 months) has got it on the backs of her knees, elbow pits and a bit on the back of her neck and its causing her to scratch it and its getting worse. The Dr's say she'll grow out of it and to keep putting cream on it (Aveeno etc).

Anyone got any advice or tips for us, She usually sleeps through but she's waking up scratching her arms and I'm sure its the discomfort that is waking her.

Associate
Guys, baby eczema. Our little girl (16 months) has got it on the backs of her knees, elbow pits and a bit on the back of her neck and its causing her to scratch it and its getting worse. The Dr's say she'll grow out of it and to keep putting cream on it (Aveeno etc).

Anyone got any advice or tips for us, She usually sleeps through but she's waking up scratching her arms and I'm sure its the discomfort that is waking her.

Our first one has some eczema, it does not sound as bad as you're little ones but we found Orchard Farm Body Wash made the biggest difference, we had various creams from the Dr which didn't seem to do much. Also going from a bath every day to a bath every 2-3 days helped.

NVP

NVP

Soldato

All different causes, washing detergent, shampoos, certain types of cloth, ingredient in creams etc

Aveeno and waleda are good, child farm bath stuff also for sensitive skins, fairy non bio to wash the cloths and bed sheets etc.

If it isn't external it can also be dietary, certain foods triggering it etc.

Trial and error will be the best way to try and resolve it, or simply use anti itch creams to prevent a bad time - I dint want to suggest one as im not sure the ages fir it so speak to your pharmacist

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Yeah we've tried various different creams and lotions. None seem to have cleared it up though. Waleda is next on our list to try as it happens.

We use Fairy Non Bio Pods, always have. We did wonder if it might be something she's eating, just can't figure out what. Shes pretty good when it comes to food, will eat just about anything!

She's going to speak to the Dr again and see what they say, Wish we could find something to fix it, I don't like seeing her scratching away at her arms. :(

Cheers for the advice chaps.

Soldato
@V_R we use this coconut oil on any problem skin and it seems to work wonders.

Fantastic for eczema!
My 16 month old daughter has had eczema for over a year now, I've been trying to avoid using anything with harsh chemicals in so thought I'd give this a go. Within two days I noticed a huge difference in Matilda's skin, her eczema has cleared up so much, with only a few small patches left. It smells great too and can be used for an endless amount of things like removing make up, soothing sun burn, as a hair mask. An all round fantastic product!!!

Soldato
Well, it’s finally happened, I’m a father to a wonderful baby boy.

This is how our weekend went;

Went to the hospital on Friday for a “balloon” putting in to help the cervix shorten. Was told that it’ll expand the cervix and drop out, of not, come back in 24 hours for removal. Early Saturday morning it dropped out (as expected/designed). We were invited back in Saturday morning to see if my OH’s waters could be broken. They could break them but unfortunately the labour suite was currently full so was told to go home and await a call once space is available. We were number 2 in the queue. Sunday morning we went for a walk to try and get things moving and got a call at midday asking us to come in at 2pm.

Waters were broken at around 6:30pm and mum was in full labour by 11pm. That night was the longest of my life, what my OH had to put up with was unbelievable, I respect anyone who’s given birth naturally. She was on gas and air once the contractions we’re too much for her and at one point I was covered in her vomit.. all part of the partners job I suppose and it’s nothing compared to what she had to do.

I can’t remember the time frame but she was at 7/8cm and the next she was 10 and ready to go. Once at 10, things went quickly and I was asked if I’d like to see his head, I couldn’t see much but could tell he had little to no hair. After plenty of pushing and saying she couldn’t do it, his head was fully out (that’s an odd sight but a good one at the same time). A few more pushes from mum and the midwife hit the emergency button, his shoulders were stuck on her pelvis (shoulder dystocia) Siren was going off, mum was crying, I can’t lie, I was worried but knew they can deal with these situations and had to stay calm for my OH. Within seconds 4/5 midwifes ran in, her legs were up and baby was out in what felt like 30 seconds (we were told it was close to 4 mins).

Unfortunately mum had to undergo some stitches due to ripping but she’s fine now, albeit sore.

Baby was crying right away which is a good sign and at 4:59am Monday, Teddy entered the world weighing in at 9lb 1oz and he’s bloody prefect. Mum and baby had to stay in overnight due to them wanting to check over baby due to his shoulder blockage.

We’re now home and I’m currently sat over him while he’s sleeping in his Moses basket. I can’t get over how much I love him, I can’t stop looking at him and when I think about what we went through Sunday evening, I just want to cry. He makes me so happy.

The staff at Rotherham General Hospital were nothing short of amazing, loving and caring and I can’t thank them enough for the care and attention we received.

Soldato
OP
Congrats @byeo, you thought you knew what love was, eh? I still get that feeling nearly 4 years in where you just feel filled with love. Bloody great feeling, and makes all the sleep deprivation and stress worth it.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Well, it’s finally happened, I’m a father to a wonderful baby boy.
Congrats! Welcome to the best stage of your life... it's also the most tired!
12 years in, still wishing we had got 2 dogs instead.
Hahaha :D
Not a dad but my niece is 14 months and is only starting to sprout teeth, how does that compare to your own experiences?
My second is currently teething now at 7 months, nothing popping through yet but his brother had 4 teeth by now. All kids are different :)

Soldato
Any one here had any experience with SENCo?

Our 3 (nearly 4) year old is a bright, happy chap. Very sociable etc. However at preschool just before the first half term this year, his key worker pulled my partner to one side when picking him up and said that they would like to get in a SENCo person to sit and observe our son as he's falling a bit behind on his "making relationships" area of progress?

My partner didnt really ask enough about it I dont think but we are happy to go with what they suggest and see. I think they get someone in, we go in to, and meet/see what they find and discuss if it's something they can work on or if theres more to it?

This was a while back, and we are still waiting for this to start but my partner has started to get a bit anxious and last night got s bit teary as shes worried for him (which is fair) but I just say we have to wait and see. In my eyes theres not an issue at all, and she does feel the same. I'm sure it's just a protocol to get him any help needed before it's too late and hes off to proper school?

Back
Top Bottom