OcUK Dadsnet thread

Caporegime
Having dated someone who had a 4 month old at the start of out relationship, and a 2.5 year old at the end of our relationship, I don't want to go through all those nights of broken sleep again any time soon thanks. :p

Though the end of that relationship was made ten times harder by the fact that I had to say goodbye to the littleun, who had been used to me being around as he was starting to learn about the world :(

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I've got a 7-month old. Literally no idea what I used to do with all of my free time and money. :o

I'd like to say it gets better, but that would be a load of bull :D

Upside is you get to play games and build stuff when they get older, which is better than eat, sleep, nappy, repeat.... Mine is nearly 6 and we spent 2hrs making paper mache swords today :cool:

Soldato
My first daughter is now 3, and she's great fun. Almost couldn't stand to be in the same house all the time she was a baby, she was flipping awful. To be fair, I have a very low tolerance for screaming children, so that didn't help!

We get on great and she's her own little person now, which is sometimes challenging. Always wants to help out, whatever I'm doing. Sometimes this is really unhelpful, especially such as yesterday when she emptied one of my boxes of woodscrews on the ground and mixed a load of different sizes together.

Daughter 2 is 2.5 months old and much less of a bag of screaming flesh than daughter 1 was. If all babies were this straightforward, well, we probably wouldn't have more, but there would probably be a higher population than there is at present!

I kind of hoped I'd end up with 2 daughters, but I'm already beginning to feel quite outnumbered...

V F

V F

Soldato
I've got a 7-month old. Literally no idea what I used to do with all of my free time and money. :o

All this time you'll have now. Doodle!

I crack up laughing everytime I see 3 Men and a Baby and dread to ever experience it. They leak, they drool, they spit food, they cry, they smell. They look so icky. You're shattered, you're burnt out and you're still paying for them 18 years later.

Soldato
Great idea..

Dad of 3 here, 2 year old daughter, 9 year old and 10 year old sons (previous marriage) and a boy due in October.... Love them all to bits...

Best thing ever is being a dad .....

Oh but I'll be getting the snip after this last baby arrives :D

40 last year so time to hang up my bullets ..

Soldato
I've got a 10 month old boy.... Just about to head out for our usual Sunday morning walk.

He's wide awake at 6am every morning, just had breakfast and then we'll head out for a few mile walk shortly in his pushchair. One of my favourite parts of the week and I make an effort to get out of the house for a walk every weekend with him as he loves it. Just sits there silently observing everything and eventually falls asleep.

Soldato
I've got a 10 month old boy.... Just about to head out for our usual Sunday morning walk.

He's wide awake at 6am every morning, just had breakfast and then we'll head out for a few mile walk shortly in his pushchair. One of my favourite parts of the week and I make an effort to get out of the house for a walk every weekend with him as he loves it. Just sits there silently observing everything and eventually falls asleep.

Precious times indeed...

About to walk the dog and pop my daughter in her pushchair ..

Mini beast adventure :D

Soldato
OP
Stayed up late playing diablo with the lads. Riley doesn't care and she just wakes up at 6 on a Sunday morning. Thankfully back to sleep after a feed and a bit of a cuddle though. I do miss having a lie in on the weekend!

The pram is my best friend as if she goes into meltdown it's the one thing that keeps her quiet (up and down the street a million times) . I'll be working off the dad bod that I've been growing if she keeps it up as I'm sure I get a couple miles in when she kicks off.

Soldato
I've got a 2.5 year old daughter and my wife's got a 2nd due in September. I second the poster somewhere above, I don't know what me and my wife did with all our time. My tips for new dads are : nursery is very expensive so if you and your wife's/partners workplace do childcare vouchers get them, another tip is if you want a dessert completely to yourself not infront of toddler as they will want some actually that's not just desserts that everything :). Last tip is if you have speakers with grills, leave them on as my daughter likes popping in the 'bubbles' on the speakers.

Soldato
OP
Why don't adults have anything made out of that crackling material. It's as satisfying as popping bubble wrap, but it is infinite

Soldato
Why don't adults have anything made out of that crackling material. It's as satisfying as popping bubble wrap, but it is infinite

That's just reminded me actually big bubble wrap keeps kids entertained for ages, my daughter loves running all over it. I've fortunately not had any toys put in anything yet although she is quite good at putting films in the ps4 :).

Back
Top Bottom