OcUK Dadsnet thread

Tea Drinker
Don
Children are horrible, well my children are horrible. I'm thinking of having the snip to ensure no more horrible children and also to enable the wife to stop taking her contraceptive medication.

V F

V F

Soldato
Children are horrible, well my children are horrible. I'm thinking of having the snip to ensure no more horrible children and also to enable the wife to stop taking her contraceptive medication.

75fadae91180afb6b58a515fd50bac1ce83657dfcb2ebb0d.jpg

Soldato

How old are they?

Wife's due at the beginning of January, I don't have any questions atm but I can't wait!

THERE ARE NO RIGHT ANSWERS!

Soldato
Without any doubt the best thing that happened to me.
2 girls 2.75 and 7 months, its insanity and that's the stuff I can cope with.

Tips:
A running tap for the very young.
Ashton and Parsons powder for teething.
Make sure they drink constantly across the day.
Womb sounds for sleeping.
Ben and god damned holly for distraction.
Always have hankies.
Digital thermometer / Calpol.
Tie up all blind cords, actually, tie up everything that isn't essential.
Have a serious face, all other times have a happy face.
Chocolate buttons are everyone's friend.
Role play at bathtime pays so many dividends, let them put the bubble bath in.
Repetition is not good, varied off your rocker fun is where it's at.
Keep a dummy in every pocket.
Make an ass of yourself doing the weekly shop, you have a remit now.
Use two 5p bags to change nappies, 1 for the soiled area, 1 for the nappy, those nappy bags smell foul.
Know how what to look for in: choking, allergies, meningitis, falls/bumps, sickness, temperature, eating amounts.

Good luck out there, it's worse than Hill Street Blues.

Soldato
OP
I think this thread will need rules. Please, for the love of God, no acronyms.

I think that's a given.

Fair play Gilly, not sure how I'd cope solo, let alone with two kids to manage!

My daughter is at the stage where she really likes the sound of her own voice (read, she yells a lot) and when she gets the hiccups it's hilarious watching her trying to squeak away only to get interrupted by a hiccup.

Associate
[FnG]magnolia;29852008 said:
Overclockers UK Forums > Life > Dadsnet > would you believe ds (5) or the childminder? childminer took ds and the children elsewhere

I did a little sick in my mouth from reading that.

Soldato
Going to be a dad for the first time in October, heading into the unknown but I really cannot wait to meet them and start this new chapter.

Probably have 90% of the stuff we need now, just a few bits left to get like a monitor and bottles etc.

Start getting the Nursery ready this month. I was using the room for my mancave so moving all my stuff out then it's carpet out, put some coving up, re paint the room, fix the small leak from the radiator and then get the new carpet down.

Once that's all done I can build the furniture we have waiting and then that's it, although the cot isn't allowed to go up until after baby has arrived. Aiming to have it all done by the end of August so we aren't rushing around in September. Going to be another busy month!

Soldato
We've got a 5 year old boy and another on the way in two weeks time. Clearly one wasn't punishment enough :p

I think, the second time around, what excites me the most is our boy getting to be a big brother. I'm an only child so i missed out on all of that stuff siblings get to experience, so yes we are very excited for him:)

There are some complications with the baby which we wont know the full extent of until he is born, but we will deal with that as it comes. In a nut shell, we believe the function of one of his kidneys is at least impaired of not completely non-functional as he's had a urinoma throughout most of the pregnancy and whilst it actually seems be getting smaller as the wife gets closers to 39 weeks (shes had a scan ever couple of weeks throughout most of it), we still wont know the extent of the issue until after birth. But, that's where we are and he still has another fully functional kidney so we are pretty calm about it all, especially now he's only just over two weeks away :)

Soldato
There are some complications with the baby which we wont know the full extent of until he is born, but we will deal with that as it comes. In a nut shell, we believe the function of one of his kidneys is at least impaired of not completely non-functional as he's had a urinoma throughout most of the pregnancy and whilst it actually seems be getting smaller as the wife gets closers to 39 weeks (shes had a scan ever couple of weeks throughout most of it), we still wont know the extent of the issue until after birth. But, that's where we are and he still has another fully functional kidney so we are pretty calm about it all, especially now he's only just over two weeks away :)

Our God Daughter was born with one Kidney as the other never fully developed while she was in the womb. I think it has actually formed into a Cyst which may need to be removed eventually but they are keeping an eye on it and it hasn't caused any issues. She turned two in May and she is perfectly healthy and an incredibly happy and loving little girl.

Wish you and the wife the best of luck with your birth, not too long to go you must be properly excited now?

Man of Honour
I just had a lovely memory while throwing some bread out for the birds this morning. My kids are much older now. But I miss taking then down to the river to throw bread for the swans.

Make sure all you new dads enjoy the little things like that with your kids. Once it's gone then it's gone forever.

Back
Top Bottom