OcUK Dadsnet thread

Can’t wait for that. Ours is 6 weeks tomorrow, he does a faux-smile at the moment but you can tell it’s just wind or something. Looking forward to when he smiles at us and means it.

Can’t wait for that. Ours is 6 weeks tomorrow, he does a faux-smile at the moment but you can tell it’s just wind or something. Looking forward to when he smiles at us and means it.

Yep, its amazing. Until that point it was super hard work. No expressions and lots of screaming and crying. Hard work with twins. Once they start giving back a little it makes the world of difference.

Dads, how long are you little ones suffering with a cough post infection? We are on week 4 now since antibiotics ended for our 3 year old. A return trip to the Drs suggests no infection and the cough is just taking its course. Some days it's better and seems to be clearing but worse some evenings and not others.

Dads, how long are you little ones suffering with a cough post infection? We are on week 4 now since antibiotics ended for our 3 year old. A return trip to the Drs suggests no infection and the cough is just taking its course. Some days it's better and seems to be clearing but worse some evenings and not others.
Have you got a humidifier? We find that whenever our daughter has a cough a humidifier is a saviour for the night. During the day the cough is always better just by nature of being more upright - but the last time she had an infection (slapped cheek in Jan) that ended with a nasty cough we picked up the humidifier and it was great.

Have you got a humidifier? We find that whenever our daughter has a cough a humidifier is a saviour for the night. During the day the cough is always better just by nature of being more upright - but the last time she had an infection (slapped cheek in Jan) that ended with a nasty cough we picked up the humidifier and it was great.
No, we haven't. Which one would you recommend? Thanks

Chipping in here, we used a humidifier plus some chest rub on the boy's chest plus some olbas on a muslin draped over the cot. It worked pretty well keeping him asleep at night when he's ill, but I always leave his door open a bit because otherwise you can't see a thing in there due to all the steam (which is probably not good for him either).

Chipping in here, we used a humidifier plus some chest rub on the boy's chest plus some olbas on a muslin draped over the cot. It worked pretty well keeping him asleep at night when he's ill, but I always leave his door open a bit because otherwise you can't see a thing in there due to all the steam (which is probably not good for him either).
Thank you, I appreciate your reply.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it being compatible with the pram and just get a decent stand alone seat.

We had the pram adapters and I think we used it the grand total of once.

We might have used ours twice at a push for the novelty rather than as a need. I completely agree that the better idea is picking the best car seat. The ability to attach it to the pram sounded great at the time but I cannot recall any situations where it was worth having.

Ours seems to have a new cough every other week.

It's never ending.

Last edited:
I think we lasted maybe a week and a half after the last bout of snot and coughing so much she made herself sick... She now has hand foot and mouth.

Honestly the constant stream of illness which then seems to wipe my wife out as well but generally leave me alone is massively draining and is getting to the ridiculous stage :o

We are looking to open a bank account for our boys for the simple reason that sometimes people have given us cheques for them and we need to be able to cash them. We have set up a junior ISA for them and we want to move all the money into that as it comes in.
We just have the money put into our accounts, and then we move it into his SIPP or ISA (depending on whether limits have been reached).

Reactions: fez
I think we lasted maybe a week and a half after the last bout of snot and coughing so much she made herself sick... She now has hand foot and mouth.

Honestly the constant stream of illness which then seems to wipe my wife out as well but generally leave me alone is massively draining and is getting to the ridiculous stage :o
I will regret saying this, but it does get significantly better. The first 18 months are constant - mine hospitalised me for 48 hours with some superbug she caught and passed on :cry:

Our 12 week old seems to be going through a phase at the moment where he can't be put down for more than 10 minutes during the day without starting to cry. He only settles down when he's held and usually only if we walk around with him at the same time, which is obviously very exhausting for both of us.

I've read that these phases are quite common, so I'm just looking for any possible tips for anyone who's been through the same? We've tried the usual, making sure it's not trapped wind, he's had enough milk etc.

Back
Top Bottom