OcUK Dadsnet thread

Caporegime
Well our little Alfie gave us a pretty decent first night at home, asleep around midnight, woke around half 3 for a feed and a change, then we've just surfaced again now at 7.

I know this can't last, but it was a nice gentle introduction to home life with a little man!

Soldato
OP
Congrats, you soon suss it out, but I remember how weird it felt having this little person to take care of for the first time. By this time next week you'll have the majority of your daily firsts out of the way and it'll be plain sailing.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
What a day!!

11.20am this morning Wifey had a huge bleed but ambulance got us to the hospital just in time where they did an emergency C section and delivered my little boy 13 weeks premature.

He's doing fine and so is my wife, but they said if we were 5 minutes later to the hospital she wouldn't have made it.

I'm currently skitting between NICU and her ward so I can be with both.

Hasn't completely sunk in yet but oh man how cute is my little gorilla :) :) :)

I'm battered, just went home for an hour to clean up all the blood and get some things for the wife. Back here now with her and seen my little man who's doing great.

2lb 7 for a 27 week old baby, not too bad. He'll be just fine I'm sure.

Time to get a little bit of kip now... what a day!

Associate
What a day!!

11.20am this morning Wifey had a huge bleed but ambulance got us to the hospital just in time where they did an emergency C section and delivered my little boy 13 weeks premature.

He's doing fine and so is my wife, but they said if we were 5 minutes later to the hospital she wouldn't have made it.

I'm currently skitting between NICU and her ward so I can be with both.

Hasn't completely sunk in yet but oh man how cute is my little gorilla :) :) :)

I'm battered, just went home for an hour to clean up all the blood and get some things for the wife. Back here now with her and seen my little man who's doing great.

2lb 7 for a 27 week old baby, not too bad. He'll be just fine I'm sure.

Time to get a little bit of kip now... what a day!

NICU nurses are brilliant, been through a similar experience myself. Congrats on the arrival!

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Thank you so much. Yeh they are brilliant and so informative.
They've taken the ventilation tube out of him already, he's doing so well for such a tiny guy :) :) so strong :)

Soldato
Congratulations on the birth of your little man NVP, not the way you imagined he'd come into the world and must have been scary as hell but made up they're both doing so well.

I'm expecting my 3rd in November, my fiancee's 1st too :)

Caporegime
Congratulations @NVP, I can only imagine just how difficult the last 24 hours have been for you, an incredibly ambivalent time no doubt!

Glad to hear that mum and baby are doing well, and my thoughts are with you all for a speedy recovery and that your little gorilla builds his size, weight and strength with vigour now he's out!

We've just had night number 2 at home and unlike night 1, it was atrocious, he appears to have chronic wind at the moment, I've been winding and consoling him for over 6 hours since midnight, but at least he's had some sleep even if we both haven't!

Soldato
Congrats both

In terms of sleep - we found the first c2 months the hardest as she was awake every two hours to feed, after that she went more like 4 hours at a time which felt like a revelation. Down at 7pm on the dot and up at 7am from around 6 months till now though. Just make sure to get as much rest round about it as you can and I'm sure it'll be fine.

Oh and enjoy the period where there is little to no movement, the game changes when walking, crawling and talking starts (good fun though)

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Thank you all for the extremely kind words. Both baby and mum are making great progress.

Thanks and congratulations paradigm

Soldato
Congratulations NVP.

My Mrs is 38 weeks now. She is struggling big time. She's constantly in pain so we're worried we won't know when the baby is coming (she went from 2cm dilated to popping a baby out in 20 minutes later last time). Hopefully I won't be delivering him myself!

Caporegime
Wow @paradigm, I had no idea. Congratulations to you and NVP!

Enjoy every second. My little boy is 2 next month and makes me smile constantly.
Cheers mate, it's a lovely feeling, and without sounding like I'm already wishing away my little boy's life, I envy you having yours reaching 2 soon, so many things I can't wait to get to do with my little man!

Associate
We are having our second in 8 weeks. Has anyone else ever had the weird feeling of guilt that you won' t be able to give your first the amount of time and attention once the second arrives? I am feeling a little bit sad that our relationship will necessarily have to change, but obviously excited that she will have a new little sister. She will now no longer be Daddy's only girl (she is nearly 3), though.

I suppose you have to focus on the saying that "love doesn't divide, it multiplies".

Soldato
OP
We are having our second in 8 weeks. Has anyone else ever had the weird feeling of guilt that you won' t be able to give your first the amount of time and attention once the second arrives? I am feeling a little bit sad that our relationship will necessarily have to change, but obviously excited that she will have a new little sister. She will now no longer be Daddy's only girl (she is nearly 3), though.

I suppose you have to focus on the saying that "love doesn't divide, it multiplies".

Having seen my two nephews with my brother, I can say with confidence that you'll be fine. You also get the added dynamic of their relationship with each other, of course. They'll be conspiring against you before long! You'll be hearing whispers of "shh, it's your turn to wake daddy up" at 6am.
Cheers mate, it's a lovely feeling, and without sounding like I'm already wishing away my little boy's life, I envy you having yours reaching 2 soon, so many things I can't wait to get to do with my little man!

You've got a lot to look forwards to alright, but it goes really quickly and soon you'll be missing having him fall asleep on your chest as he starts getting independent and prefers to run around wrecking the place to snuggling with you!

That said, I can't wait to have conversations with my daughter. So far it's a bit one sided, as I only ever get "no no noooo" back to any question I ask her :p

Don

It's not what you want to hear, but it is very hard. We have a 3-year split between our two children, and 3 years is old enough for them to start having to become independent and ultimately you will spend less time with them. You want Peppa Pig on TV? Sorry, you'll have to wait until we cleaned up the poo-nami your little sister just made in her nappy and the sofa and the carpet..

Our youngest is now 2 (eldest 5) and honestly they now spend more time playing with each other than with us their parents, especially during the week. There is just so much to organise with two little people, clothes, food, cleaning etc. They are best friends though, which I consider a life-time benefit for them both.

Back
Top Bottom