OcUK Dadsnet thread

Soldato
I have no children. I have no idea how I ended up in this thread. That's enough poop, vomit and diarrhoea for one night.

giphy.gif

Soldato
My son (4months old) has diarrhea, most likely caused by the excess saliva he is swallowing due to teething.

This has caused some severe nappy rash, especially between the cheeks.

Be screams when we try to clean him up.

We have tried sudocreme and also metanium. Both haven't had much effect.

We also have his bum out which is allowing him to wee all over the place like a water fountain (nevermind lol)...

Do any of you have experience with severe nappy rash? What did you do? He's not letting us sleep much due to this and I was like a zombie at work yesterday. Not something I needed as my department was under performance review -.-

Its not caused by swallowing saliva. It's a side effect of the teeth coming through (nerves endings)

When teething the dirty nappies will always be a light milky colour and running as anything. It's grim but soon stops after a few weeks and returns to solid again.

I've identical twin boys (toddlers) when they were teething it was grim. Imagine what you're going through, but with two babies. We used Bepanthen and it worked. Don't be shy about putting it on either. Don't cake the boy in it but make sure it's an even layer and spread well around his bum cheeks and dont' forget to include covering the bottom of his sac too.

He will drool like you'll not believe but he'll be ok. Also get Anbesol for teething, put some on your finger and rub both upper and lower gums to give him some rest bite from the teething pain. Tastes bad but as long as it's just on the gums, it'll give him some restbite...and you!

Soldato
Well we were going to be having our 4th child in may, just found out its twins. This is gonna be fun haha

Wow.

As a dad of first a singleton, then twins later on, all I can say is strap yourself in. You think twins are twice as hard as one?....you're wrong. It's a magnitude of times harder.

Twins don't sleep at the same time, they don't eat at the same time, that would be too easy ;)
If you've ever wondered what it's like to be a single parent, twins shows you as you end up having one baby all night to yourself.

One bit of advice I'll give you now, for your own sanity. It DOES get easier. It might not seem like it. You'll NEVER know sleep deprivation like it. You think one baby was hard between two parents, lol, two.....DAAAAAAAAAAAYUM boy, enjoy sleeping now if you can, you won't be when the twins arrive.

Swap babies each night to look after so one doesn't get too attached to just one parent.

Plus side, when they are older3 years old, they keep each other amused and it's easier to handle two then.

If you've any questions please tag me and I'll gladly give you answers.

Soldato
Well we were going to be having our 4th child in may, just found out its twins. This is gonna be fun haha

Get this laminated and put on your twin buggy (which cost ££hundreds BTW) It'll save you answering the multitude of questions you'll get when out with them

-Yes, they are mine.
-Yes, they are twins.
-Yes, both girls/boys (delete as applicable)
-Yes they're identical
-No they aren't identical, how can a boy and girl be identical
-No we didn't do IVF
-Conceived by *******
-Born via C-section
-You have twins in your family? “Great”
-They don’t run in my family…until now.
-Yes, they're hard work
-Yes, thankfully they're not triplets you comedy genius

You're welcome :D

Soldato
My lads 7 months now and he's an absolute belter, couldn't be happier..... with him.

Me and the Mrs however, wow, we borderline hate each other. If anyone wants to know where Satan is, he's taken over the other half. We're finally getting better but my god it's been hard.... we can't even blame it on little one because he's genuinely been a diamond, slept through since 2 months, doesn't really kick up a fuss unless he's hungry, tired or has **** himself.

Any blokes out there who like sanity, having money and would like to keep their relationship intact, proceed with caution!

Fortunately we seem to have turned a corner recently, maybe the post natal has worn off. We're also returning to normal pay next month, babies like to suck on boobies, bottles and money, and then some.

In summary though, it's completely worth it and I'd recommend it to anyone :D

Soldato
My lads 7 months now and he's an absolute belter, couldn't be happier..... with him.

Me and the Mrs however, wow, we borderline hate each other. If anyone wants to know where Satan is, he's taken over the other half. We're finally getting better but my god it's been hard.... we can't even blame it on little one because he's genuinely been a diamond, slept through since 2 months, doesn't really kick up a fuss unless he's hungry, tired or has **** himself.

Any blokes out there who like sanity, having money and would like to keep their relationship intact, proceed with caution!

Fortunately we seem to have turned a corner recently, maybe the post natal has worn off. We're also returning to normal pay next month, babies like to suck on boobies, bottles and money, and then some.

In summary though, it's completely worth it and I'd recommend it to anyone :D
Yeah it takes a while for things to get back to 'normal'!
My little one is 2 now - Wife not working so its up to me! I can relate about the sucking money part, hardcore budgeting and careful spending is key. It helps that I haven't upgraded any of my tech in years and that it doesn't seem that important anymore to do so. Also - savings!

Associate
Your mad mate.

Yes...yes I thought I was!

I can't say more then 3 were planned as such. The others are 7 (boy) 4 (girl) and 2 (boy) right now. The youngest will be just about three when the twins come. I'm at work most of the day anyway but I wonder how the wife is going to cope. The youngest at the moment is climbing the walls, a right handful compared to the other two. I hope for twin girls (much easier!) but you just know its going to be two boys, not that I mind either way. They are not identical the wife just dropped out two eggs :p

I can't say having three kids has been easy, I'm not a good dad really, I lose my temper much quicker then the wife she has patience of a saint. Although I am feeling a bit anxious I look forwarded to holding them and seeing them. We will need to move at some point, in a small 3 bed house right now, shared ownership....need a full mortgage, luckily I have got a decent job 8 months ago that pays reasonably well and am possibly moving on already at this company so things don't look too bad at the moment.

Oh and 100% I am having the snip now!

Soldato
Talk to me about saving/investing for your baby.

I've skim read the abundance of advice online but it's a minefield. A while back I started a stocks and shares ISA in my name adding to it monthly and intend to gift it all to him when he is an adult looking for a house. However, anything over £3000 is subject to inheritance tax so I need to consider some other plan. The next thought is a Junior ISA, but after 18 years the money is all his and he can blow it on hookers and drugs if he wanted without anything we can do about that. I'm now looking at a regular saver account but they're rubbish because once you hit around £3k, they pay abysmal interest rates (so we'd probably have to end up with several different accounts for him as he grows up to avoid that).

What does anyone else here do? The inheritance tax is a real bummer. If I were to pop £50 cash into a money box for him until he was 21years and he popped to the bank to pay it in, would they turn around and tax him on that? He could just say he'd been saving his pocket money for years... :confused:

Soldato
We have a savings account for both our kids, 50 quid DD goes in to each one after payday. I believe every 12 months it then gets dumped into a main account. I think the 50 quid a month gets something like 6% (hence why it gets dumped into a low interest one every year). I don't see why they would have to pay inheritance tax?

Soldato
I have no children. I have no idea how I ended up in this thread. That's enough poop, vomit and diarrhoea for one night.

giphy.gif
Make sure you keep it that way if you want a normal life. I have two and although i love them to bits they pretty much destroyed my life. Never mind, such is life and unconditional love!

Soldato
We have a savings account for both our kids, 50 quid DD goes in to each one after payday. I believe every 12 months it then gets dumped into a main account. I think the 50 quid a month gets something like 6% (hence why it gets dumped into a low interest one every year). I don't see why they would have to pay inheritance tax?
Say I saved money over 21 years and then gave him that money, wouldn't it be taxed under inheritance? Or am I misunderstood?

A little further reading suggests that a stocks and shares product would probably be much better over that term than say a bank account offering 4.5% (which is currently the best rate I can find)

Soldato
Say I saved money over 21 years and then gave him that money, wouldn't it be taxed under inheritance? Or am I misunderstood?

A little further reading suggests that a stocks and shares product would probably be much better over that term than say a bank account offering 4.5% (which is currently the best rate I can find)
I guess theres nothing stopping you doing that, paying him in cash, he then deposits that in his name as saved up cash from pocket money and stuff like that. Also if its treated as an income, unless its more than 12 grand they shouldnt pay tax on it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom