OcUK Dadsnet thread

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
Both my daughters were the same at nursery a new bug every week! It does get better.

Had a amusing chuckle to myself today, when they were at Nursery any bit of crap 'art' they bought home went on my wall in the office and i was proud as can be, now i look at the stuff they bring back as 6 and 4 years olds, and think, surely you could have made something better:D:D:D.

I have 3 in total and am going through hell, the 6 month old baby boy is teething and has a cold, the 2 girls have various ailments, my eldest is a proper drama queen. Its weeks like this I wish i was single and kid free :p

Soldato
Both my daughters were the same at nursery a new bug every week! It does get better.

Had a amusing chuckle to myself today, when they were at Nursery any bit of crap 'art' they bought home went on my wall in the office and i was proud as can be, now i look at the stuff they bring back as 6 and 4 years olds, and think, surely you could have made something better:D:D:D.

I have 3 in total and am going through hell, the 6 month old baby boy is teething and has a cold, the 2 girls have various ailments, my eldest is a proper drama queen. Its weeks like this I wish i was single and kid free :p
I know that, my daughter tripped over in the living room (on a carpeted floor so pretty soft), she was rolling around saying she'd broken her leg lol, 30 seconds later shes running around.

Soldato
I know that, my daughter tripped over in the living room (on a carpeted floor so pretty soft), she was rolling around saying she'd broken her leg lol, 30 seconds later shes running around.

My almost-2 year old had me in stitches a few days ago. Similarly to yours, she fell on soft carpet. However whilst she was still on the floor she shouted "Daddy, I'm drunk!"

Both my wife and I have no idea where she's got it from!

Soldato
Welcome to the party! That's a nice head of hair on him!

Today I have my girl out of nappies for the whole day. So far, one accident.

We got worried about our lads nappy training. He started Nursery in September and when we initially enrolled him and chatted to the teachers etc he was still in nappies, he was 3y4m. They didn't mind kids in nappies but prefered them not to be. This was around May time. We tried potty training but he wouldn't have any of it the last year. Then one day in May my wifes friend popped round with her daughter, 8yo I think and she and our lad got on and played together. It was really good to see. At one point she needed the toilet and she went upstairs and our lad followed her. We could hear them upstairs, no idea if they were both in the bathroom but the next day our lad shouted, Wee Wee and ran to the toilet, sat down and had a wee. The rest is history..

Amazing how they learn.

Don
We got worried about our lads nappy training. He started Nursery in September and when we initially enrolled him and chatted to the teachers etc he was still in nappies, he was 3y4m. They didn't mind kids in nappies but prefered them not to be. This was around May time. We tried potty training but he wouldn't have any of it the last year. Then one day in May my wifes friend popped round with her daughter, 8yo I think and she and our lad got on and played together. It was really good to see. At one point she needed the toilet and she went upstairs and our lad followed her. We could hear them upstairs, no idea if they were both in the bathroom but the next day our lad shouted, Wee Wee and ran to the toilet, sat down and had a wee. The rest is history..

Amazing how they learn.

When I was teaching my eldest how to ride his bike without stabiliser wheels, I had been "fighting" with him for days to ride unaided. One morning when we are outside practising, one of his little friends comes out to play on their bike and off he cycles as if he knew how to do it from birth :confused: little sods :D

Soldato
OP

Amazing how they learn.

Yeah, the weird trick for us was when I told her she could flush the toilet if she used it. Suddenly she was all up for giving it a go. Now she does a pee, stands up and says "daddy I so proouuud of youooo!"

Soldato
My son (4months old) has diarrhea, most likely caused by the excess saliva he is swallowing due to teething.

This has caused some severe nappy rash, especially between the cheeks.

Be screams when we try to clean him up.

We have tried sudocreme and also metanium. Both haven't had much effect.

We also have his bum out which is allowing him to wee all over the place like a water fountain (nevermind lol)...

Do any of you have experience with severe nappy rash? What did you do? He's not letting us sleep much due to this and I was like a zombie at work yesterday. Not something I needed as my department was under performance review -.-

Soldato
My son (4months old) has diarrhea, most likely caused by the excess saliva he is swallowing due to teething.

This has caused some severe nappy rash, especially between the cheeks.

Be screams when we try to clean him up.

We have tried sudocreme and also metanium. Both haven't had much effect.

We also have his bum out which is allowing him to wee all over the place like a water fountain (nevermind lol)...

Do any of you have experience with severe nappy rash? What did you do? He's not letting us sleep much due to this and I was like a zombie at work yesterday. Not something I needed as my department was under performance review -.-

Tbh you've pretty much exhaust over the counter solutions. Might be time to consult with a GP.

Associate
Yeah, the weird trick for us was when I told her she could flush the toilet if she used it. Suddenly she was all up for giving it a go. Now she does a pee, stands up and says "daddy I so proouuud of youooo!"

Haha that makes me laugh, my daughter, 3 and a bit, shouts “clever boy” and gives me a high 5 after I wee, like she’s teaching me as well :)

Associate
ooooh glad I found this thread. I have somewhere to rant about my week! Since my daughter has joined nursery we have been living in sickness hell. Both me and my partner arent getting much sleep due to the little one kicking and screaming in the middle of the night due to illness.

Last night my little one turned around and vomited in my lap mid sleep! the joys of parenthood :)

Don
ooooh glad I found this thread. I have somewhere to rant about my week! Since my daughter has joined nursery we have been living in sickness hell. Both me and my partner arent getting much sleep due to the little one kicking and screaming in the middle of the night due to illness.

Last night my little one turned around and vomited in my lap mid sleep! the joys of parenthood :)

Yep, the rarely spoken about joys of parenthood :D

Back
Top Bottom