OcUK EXCLUSIVE - OCZ VERTEX LIMITED 100GB SOLID STATE

Man of Honour
nice, just phoned up n got them to send some RAM with it.. ive everything i need now (see sig) :) just gotta build it ( :( ) and get the monitor

EDIT: :o phoned to add the memory just in the nick of time, less than 10 mins later got an email saying both RAM+SSD had been shipped :D

Last edited:
Associate
I've just ordered one of these drives also, as an advanced replacement to my faulty Kingston 64GB drive. Probably ordered too late today to receive for tomorrow now, but still I think I've made the right decision, these drives seem to be outstanding for speed. Nice that they come with utility software also.

*edit* Well they shipped it already, so hot-damn getting it tomorrow hopefully.

Last edited:
Associate
Had my shipping confirmation, very excited as this will be my first time using SSD, very certain this will live up to the hype, will be interested to see if there are any performanced gains over those published since the new firmware update (reason for delay) Will post some benchies tomorrow night

Man of Honour
Amazed no benchmarks are up on this yet! (from owners).

i cant power up my new build yet, was due to be today but i tried to be cheap and re-use my old CD/rw only to find today thats its IDE, my MOBO is SATA only so i gotta buy a new drive before i can power it up :(

Associate
some quich benchies for you all

hdtune.png
hdtach.png

as-copy-benchOCZVERTEX-LEAT03032010.png
as-ssd-benchOCZVERTEX-LEAT030320101.png
as-ssd-benchOCZVERTEX-LEAT030320-1.png

Associate
I was expecting better read writes speeds as these dont come close to thoses advertised and dont know what the drops on hdtune are but i am new to HDD benchies so as yet i cant answer my own questions

Man of Honour
I was expecting better read writes speeds as these dont come close to thoses advertised and dont know what the drops on hdtune are but i am new to HDD benchies so as yet i cant answer my own questions

well when i install mine it better get the advertised read/write speeds or they will be getting it back, il let you know how i get on.
have you tried several different benchmarks? i noted while looking through some reviews that you cant just take 1 benchmark result, you need to try several and see how it compares to several other SSD's

Associate
Tried running the benchies several times over and getting virtually identical results every time. I have to admit the drive performs like a beast but if it aint acheiving the rated speeds i aint to happy.

Associate
Excellent, i much prefer these results than the AS results. Apparently the difference between the two sets of results could be the way the sandforce controller deals with encryption, but in all fairness i aint got a clue :)

Man of Honour
apparently these drives wer the 5,000 that wer gonna make the first run of vertex 2 pro @ 280 read 270 write but they had probs with the firmware (drives wer dying) and they would end up being too costly to the end user so the ditched the vertex 2 pro and with the 5,000 sf-1500's they had bought at a knock down price they put a lower performance (stable) firmware on it and rebranded them as vertex LE @ 270/250.
looks to me like they got the the original firmware to be stable and put it back on cause these results show 280/270 :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom