OCUK Fantasy Premier League 23/24 is GO!

Caporegime
I am tempted to play the Wild Card because I want to make more than 3 changes.

Richarlison is classed as Midfield...but he plays as a No.9. So you can get an extra striker in your team.

But I am not sure which midfielder to sacrifice...

Also not sure of Jackson from Chelsea, he reminds me a younger Lukaku, without the killer touch. The chances he missed against Liverpool doesn't fill me with confidence.

I also want Maddison but then I will have 2 Spurs players...that might not be wise. They look like they will leak a few goals and that's lower chance getting points from clean sheets...which is also a negative for Richarlison.

Soldato
One change made for me. Resisting taking a points hit after one week.
It took all my willpower.

Such is the way though, make a change and regret it, don't make a change and regret it. :)

I have 'gambled' though, captaining Salah. I think Newcastle may be a bit troublesome for City, especially after the Supercup (of course tallboy will now score 4...)

Soldato
Pfft. Salah missed pen and goal. Captain gamble didn't pay off unless there's a last minute miracle.

E: should have gambled on Mbuemo.

Fantasy Football - this is the way.

Last edited:
Soldato
Any chance I can join the league at this late stage? I don't want to be eligible for prizes but would like the opportunity to get involved with the discussions for my first FPL season.

Soldato
How does everyone feel they are doing coming up to the winter break?

I think I am doing okay but feel I could be doing better, I have made changes along the way and thought to much about it. Sometimes I should just let my team play out.

Caporegime
OP
This is my worst ever season. Everyone I transfer out improves and everyone I transfer in declines. Can't get anything right.
Feels like the same for me. Highly inconsistent performance which I think is mirrored by inconsistent performances by previously consistent performers. Some players are so up and down it's unreal. Double digit hauls one week and then one or two points the next.

Associate
Currently 4th in the OCUK league and top of the H2H.

It has been a steady season and I've managed to thereabouts have a good, performing mix of players throughout. Dropped Haaland during my GW9 WC and that has really worked in my favour. Navigating the next few weeks around the AFCON/Asian Cup will be key, prior to a second wildcard. As per, had a shocker with my 3x Captain pick.

I play another, paid fantasy football game competitively and don't have quite enough time to focus on FPL though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Currently 4th in the OCUK league and top of the H2H.

It has been a steady season and I've managed to thereabouts have a good, performing mix of players throughout. Dropped Haaland during my GW9 WC and that has really worked in my favour. Navigating the next few weeks around the AFCON/Asian Cup will be key, prior to a second wildcard. As per, had a shocker with my 3x Captain pick.

I play another, paid fantasy football game competitively and don't have quite enough time to focus on FPL though.
I tripled Haaland against Luton... :(

Associate
I’m having a good season with my best rank at this stage that I’ve ever had. Had saved the wildcard for GW20 hoping that it would be used to bring Haaland back, but that obviously didn’t work out. I coin flipped on starting Solanke ahead of Palmer, which was a massive failure, but Salah captain worked out. Currently at about 23k with Bowen left to play this week. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom