OCUK Fantasy Premier League 24/25 is GO!

Pretty happy with this iteration, although sure it'll change before tomorrow night!

WfiX7zK.png

Pretty happy with this iteration, although sure it'll change before tomorrow night!

WfiX7zK.png

Turner is 3rd choice at Forest, so he is VERY unlikely get any minutes. He is currently 22% own and as soon as people realise this, they will sell him and his price will go from 4mil and drop like a ton of bricks. If you are going to pick a 4mil keeper, pick either United back up so if Onana doesn't play, he will. Or, pick a 4mil keeper that is lowly owned so there are less people going to sell him and thus price stays the same.

p.s. Mykolenko at Everton at 4.5mil get more points than Keane as he attacks like a winger at times.

Turner is 3rd choice at Forest, so he is VERY unlikely get any minutes. He is currently 22% own and as soon as people realise this, they will sell him and his price will go from 4mil and drop like a ton of bricks. If you are going to pick a 4mil keeper, pick either United back up so if Onana doesn't play, he will. Or, pick a 4mil keeper that is lowly owned so there are less people going to sell him and thus price stays the same.

p.s. Mykolenko at Everton at 4.5mil get more points than Keane as he attacks like a winger at times.

That's a great shout on the United Backup. I've never considered that!

Keane was just because i only had 4mil after squeezing in Haaland, and with only using a 3/4/3 formation, he's likely never going to be in the squad.

That's a great shout on the United Backup. I've never considered that!

Keane was just because i only had 4mil after squeezing in Haaland, and with only using a 3/4/3 formation, he's likely never going to be in the squad.

Then a 4mil defender to consider would be Barco from Brighton currently. Estinpuan(?) is injured for the next 6 weeks so Barco will play until then at minimum.

Remember, first kick off is tonight all.

Trying to avoid any more changes. I've resigned myself to probably settling on the wrong choice of a hundred choices but, hey, that's FPL.

I'm on Haaland and Salah. Last two team permutations on 95% FF Hub AI rating. £1m itb.
Same here but £0 ITB :)

Not sure what to make of the AI rating thingamebob - think mine said 96/97? Not sure how. I had other, not dissimilar iterations in the 80's and they didn't seem that different.

E: Ain't paying for that stuff though, takes all the fun (pulling of non existent hair out) out of it.

Last edited:
Well, it seems Estinpuan has returned to training, so he could be back sooner than later (but still not fit to play), and Brighton are signing some full back from Turkey, who apparently can play pretty much everywhere, mainly left back, but also center back, right back, left wing, right wing.....

Barco's time would be limited, not a long term solution, but should be good for the first 2 - 3 weeks up until the international break I expect.

Last edited:
Same here but £0 ITB :)

Not sure what to make of the AI rating thingamebob - think mine said 96/97? Not sure how. I had other, not dissimilar iterations in the 80's and they didn't seem that different.

E: Ain't paying for that stuff though, takes all the fun (pulling of non existent hair out) out of it.

I had both. then gone without Salah to fit Saka & Palmer...

But I might put Salah back in because I am unsure how fully fit both Saka and Palmer are yet with no preseason.

Screenshot-20240816-103424.png

This is where I am at the moment with 1.5m in the bank for an easy upgrade to Watkins. Considering dropping Saka and Gvardiol to get Haaland in, but really torn on it. Any thoughts?

I’d swap Jackson for almost anyone else TBH. Man City first game as well.

Havertz?
14 goals and 5 assists last season for a poor Chelsea team and missing a boatload of chances. If he improves even slightly, which seems likely, he's good value. You could argue the same about Nunez, but he's arguably third choice now behind Jota and Gakpo.

I think there's a risk of Havertz being played in midfield, at least until they get Marino, and Watkins is unlikely to play the first match. If one of Solanke or Jackson don't work, Havertz or Watkins are easy to bring in.

14 goals and 5 assists last season for a poor Chelsea team and missing a boatload of chances. If he improves even slightly, which seems likely, he's good value. You could argue the same about Nunez, but he's arguably third choice now behind Jota and Gakpo.

I think there's a risk of Havertz being played in midfield, at least until they get Marino, and Watkins is unlikely to play the first match. If one of Solanke or Jackson don't work, Havertz or Watkins are easy to bring in.
There's a very real chance Jackson won't start given the embarrassment of the Chelsea squad.

Back
Top Bottom