***OcUK FIRST - OCZ Vertex 3 Available to Pre-Order!***

Caporegime
Mine came yesterday along with the parts for my sandybridge upgrade. Had a few problems with the drive (Lian Li case comes with screws for installing hard drives that don't fit into the Vertex 3's expansion thing) Luckily I managed to sort of rig it with the screws it came with but it's a bit loose.

As my first SSD I couldn't believe how fast Windows started up :D Haven't speed tested it or anything yet, will wait until I have everything set up the way I want it.

I've seen some people use velcro to install SSD's, is it a good way of installing them?

OcUK Staff
Velcro is fine, the hard drives do not vibrate or shake around they just sit there, so in theory you could just leave it sat on the bottom of the case if you wanted. However I would recommend having a nice sturdy fit so you do not move your PC forgetting it is just sitting there, and then it swings around and breaks other components while you are moving your PC forgetting about how the SSD was installed. :)

Soldato
My aTTo results look spot on.
Asus P8P67 Pro Vertex3 as OS drive running Win 7 Ultimate

Vertex3_aTTo.jpg

Simon,

My ATTO results are similar to yours, however my write is slower (around 500). Did you find that other benchmarking programs (Crystal etc) gave weird results?

Associate
I am really not happy with your choice of delivery company DPD, what a complete bunch of **** tards.
Twice I have had deliverys from them and both times they don't turn up and claim to have left a card.
I sit 5 feet away from the damn door, I can hear vans turning up outside in my quiet street. I have been sitting hear all day with no TV on, no music and just sitting chilling playings some FM11 while I wait.
Incompetant bunch of *****.

Sorry for the rant, but waiting 3+ weeks for this and then they screw up damn right ****s me off.
Then you cant even get through to a real person on the phone, again making me rage harder.

...... insert swear word hear.

OcUK Staff
I am really not happy with your choice of delivery company DPD, what a complete bunch of **** tards.
Twice I have had deliverys from them and both times they don't turn up and claim to have left a card.
I sit 5 feet away from the damn door, I can hear vans turning up outside in my quiet street. I have been sitting hear all day with no TV on, no music and just sitting chilling playings some FM11 while I wait.
Incompetant bunch of *****.

Sorry for the rant, but waiting 3+ weeks for this and then they screw up damn right ****s me off.
Then you cant even get through to a real person on the phone, again making me rage harder.

...... insert swear word hear.

Afternoon Jade, I am sorry about the service you have received and I can understand it can really be frustrating if things do not go to plan, if you have still not received the order please can you make a thread in the Customer Services section and I shall help you. :)

Associate
Okay thanks, they have automaticly booked to try redeliver, very nice of them. Maybe they may actually turn up this time. If they don't then I am not driving the 40 miles there and back.

I will get back to you tomorrow depending on the result.

Thanks again for the help.

OcUK Staff
OP
The 240 is still on pre-order.

Prices move, look at the date the thread was posted, were now several weeks on and due to supply and demand prices have moved upwards. Were about to sell out of 120GB today, infact were selling on average 24 units per day.

When OCZ drop 500+ into my warehouse the pricing will come back down, but that probably won't happen for 3-4 weeks as were getting drip fed at the moment.

Associate
Prices move, look at the date the thread was posted, were now several weeks on and due to supply and demand prices have moved upwards. Were about to sell out of 120GB today, infact were selling on average 24 units per day.

When OCZ drop 500+ into my warehouse the pricing will come back down, but that probably won't happen for 3-4 weeks as were getting drip fed at the moment.

What sort of prices would they then be? Similar to preorder, or even cheaper?

Back
Top Bottom