***OcUK FIRST - OCZ Vertex 3 Available to Pre-Order!***

OcUK Staff
Hi there

OcUK is the first UK Etailor in the UK to place an order with OCZ for their new Vertex 3 drives, not only are we the first but we have ordered such a large quantity our competitors will struggle to get any which ensures OcUK will be the first with stock and it means none of our customers will be dissapointed as we have more than enough stock for all. Now check out these bad boys:-

OCZ Vertex 3 120GB 2.5" SATA-3 Solid State Hard Drive (VTX3-25SAT3-120G) @ £219.98 inc VAT

HD-071-OC_400.jpg

As the third generation of the legendary Vertex Series, OCZ Vertex3 Solid State Drives are designed and built to unleash the full potential of the 6Gbps SATA3 interface. The OCZ Vertex3 pushes the limits in both sequential and random data transfer rates, significantly improving your gaming, multimedia, and overall computing experience over traditional mechanical hard drives. In addition to maximized productivity, a Vertex3 upgrade makes a hard drive equipped notebook more portable than ever with superior durability and reduced power consumption.
Using the latest break through controller and flash technology, Vertex3 SSDs workin perfect harmony with next generation platforms and operating systems to deliver the industry’s best storage solution.

- Capacity: 120GB
- Controller: SandForce SF-2281
- Maximum Read: 550MB/sec
- Maximum Write: 500MB/sec
- Sustained Write: 500MB/sec
- Max I/O Per Second (IOPS): 60000 IOPS (4KB File)
- NAND Flash: Multi-Level Cell (MLC)
- Interface: SATA-III / 6Gbps (Backwards compatible with SATA-II / 3Gbps)
- TRIM Support (Requires Windows 7)
- Warranty: 3 Years

Only £219.98 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

OCZ Vertex 3 240GB 2.5" SATA-3 Solid State Hard Drive (VTX3-25SAT3-240G) @ £449.99 inc VAT

HD-072-OC_400.jpg

As the third generation of the legendary Vertex Series, OCZ Vertex3 Solid State Drives are designed and built to unleash the full potential of the 6Gbps SATA3 interface. The OCZ Vertex3 pushes the limits in both sequential and random data transfer rates, significantly improving your gaming, multimedia, and overall computing experience over traditional mechanical hard drives. In addition to maximized productivity, a Vertex3 upgrade makes a hard drive equipped notebook more portable than ever with superior durability and reduced power consumption.
Using the latest break through controller and flash technology, Vertex3 SSDs workin perfect harmony with next generation platforms and operating systems to deliver the industry’s best storage solution.

- Capacity: 240GB
- Controller: SandForce SF-2281
- Maximum Read: 550MB/sec
- Maximum Write: 525MB/sec
- Sustained Write: 525MB/sec
- Max I/O Per Second (IOPS): 60000 IOPS (4KB File)
- NAND Flash: Multi-Level Cell (MLC)
- Interface: SATA-III / 6Gbps (Backwards compatible with SATA-II / 3Gbps)
- TRIM Support (Requires Windows 7)
- Warranty: 3 Years

Only £449.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

So if you want the worlds fastest SSD and if you want to be first, you need to buy from OcUK because as always were leading the way and our competitors following. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Seems better overall performance than the other new SSD's, but are there 64gb ones coming? :)

Nope.

Basically sub 100GB is for cheaper slower drives, helps keep prices realistic for smaller drives. :)

Over 100GB is where quicker drives shall be.

Though Crucial and Corsair have Marvell based 64GB SATA 6 drives, but these Vertex 3 simply destroy everything, they are the cream of SSD performance. :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

OCZ apologise for the delays and informed me yesterday evening they have now started shipping and we should be taking delivery early next week.

In regards to our ETA's were simply list the ETA the manufacturer gives us and they have delayed it twice now.

OcUK Staff
OP
OCZ informed me last night they have had some issues with packaging but drives have now started leaving their warehouses to their worldwide destinations. They do apologise for delays but at the same time want to make sure customers get drives which work fine and also arrive correctly packaged and in one piece.

Based on our usual shipping times from OCZ delivery will arrive Wednesday onwards.

OcUK Staff
OP
wooohoo Weds onwards - glad the futures covered;)
cheers for the update though Gibbo, cant wait for these to land

Hi there

OCZ are here with me today, the news is good and bad.

The good news is drives did ship last night.

The bad news is were not gonna get that many for the first shipment.

Its not great as we have a lot more backorders. OCZ are ensuring they are doing everything to get more drives into OcUK first simply because we have more backorders than any other etailor resulting in OcUK getting priority allocation.

So those of you who pre-ordered early on should get a drive, but those who have pre-ordered in the last week or so unfortunately you may have to wait another 1-2 weeks.

I have arranged for a conference call with one of OCZ's directors this evening as to how much of a disgrace this is to see if I can battle to get allocation from other countries shipped to OcUK. I shall be doing my best!

OcUK Staff
OP
Hello Guys, can we have an update on the Vertex 3 units received ?

Hi there

Spoke to OCZ this morning!

Good news is we now have a lot more stock coming, infact we now have 90% of the stock that was coming for the UK. :)

Further good news is everyone who pre-ordered a Vertex 3 120GB before March 31st will get their order, so thats everybody bar 3-4 customers.

Even better news is we have 240GB drives spare and all backorders will be fulfilled.

The bad news is I asked OCZ for an ETA as when will they arrive with me, the response been they are on the way, it appears they will be arriving today if were lucky but most likely Monday.

OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo, was there any indication of when you will be getting stock after this shipment - Assuming that if I was to order now, my drive would not ship on Monday?

Were at the top of OCZ queue for UK custom, so the moment they have more UK allocation they will ship to us, in order to avoid dissapointment I'd be saying middle of April until we see more, could be sooner but better to under promise than over promise.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

OCZ have made what appears a major error, I am absolutely shocked and appalled but to cut to the point the 120GB still have not shipped due to some error which OCZ are investigating.

After heated discussion OCZ are coming back to me by 9am tomorrow morning with an explanation and an accurate ETA.

Sorry guys, the only good news is a UK distributor got a handful of units, which I managed to grab half off, so some will ship tomorrow.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Latest update is as follows:-

OCZ UK reps don't wish to promise any date due to OCZ Taiwan still not having shipped yet. It was a national holiday in Taiwan yesterday so they did not ship them. They aim to ship the drives from Taiwan today and enough quantity to cover every single backorder and actually leave us about 20 units or so spare stock.

However lets be blunt here, they've messed up now and I think it goes without saying I'd not be putting my life on them getting here before Friday, maybe Thursday if were lucky, but more likely to be Friday.

All I can do is apologise on their behalf guys, its been an absolute failure of a launch and hopefully OCZ will learn from this mess, ideally they should have just said from the beginning launch would not be until end of April as at least then it could have been a true hard launch.

20 or so first pre-orders should be shipping today though.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

We've just sold the last 240GB guys.

However I've got 10 more in tomorrow, if your still thinking, grab one as I have no ETA as to when were getting more 240GB's. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
I've found more at a French distributor, another 10 of each here tomorrow. :)

That means we now have a further spare 15x 120GB's as OCZ have confirmed all been well the 80x 120GB's they are shipping will be with us on Friday.

So anyone buying a 120GB or 240GB now your order will be shipped by end of this week. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Well I've been holding off because of the extra 20 quid over other retailers but in fairness to Gibbo he's earned it from me so I'm ready to place an order. If I order one tonight am I likely to get one by the end of the week or early next week?

Best case Friday/Saturday, worse case Monday/Tuesday.

I've just got the confirmed shipping information, this time they are finally on their way. I should have asked OCZ for the shipping info first time round but normally when they say they have shipped something, they have actually done it.

OcUK Staff
OP
Any news on the drives Gibbo? Assume we are on track for the Friday delivery?

Hi there

Well there is now 130 on the way, that leaves over 60 spare, so more than enough to go round now.

ETA's un-confirmed but the drives have left Hong Kong and are now in the air. Best guess is either tomorrow or Friday. :)

Back
Top Bottom