OCUK founder Spie passes away

Soldato
Well... gosh..

So very sorry to hear that, though I never got a chance to meet him, he always seemed to be a good chap and the strength of OCUK is a testimony to his hard work and determination

He will be missed.

RIP

Man of Honour
I didn't know Spie beyond a couple of interactions on here, but I thank him for creating this community that has caused me to waste so many happy hours both online and in person. Condolences to his family

Permabanned
Very shocked to read this, my sincerest condolences to you all. I got to know Mark quite well through helping him with his motorsport endeavours, and did my best to sell him an exotic single seater, but sadly his powerful and tall build precluded him getting in anything modern. I have very fond memories of him, he visited here at home a few times and was a great character, and obviously a very astute business man, as well as being a kind and charming guy. I hope you can come to terms with this loss, he can't have been that old... Life is very cruel, I will say a prayer tonight and keep him in my thoughts, I am so saddened to read this, such very very sad news.

Soldato
Condolences to his family and may they be strong at this awful time.

I only knew him as "Spie" and never had any interaction with the man but I have been on these forums for what seems like forever and these forums are what he built.

These forums have been a big part of my life for over more than a decade and Spie is the one I have to thank for that.

I will raise a glass.

Thank you Spie.

RIP.

Soldato
Sorry to hear the bad news Nath, very sad news indeed. Quite shocked to read this. Doesn't feel that long ago since he congratulated me on achieving some goal with Seti. I bet that was 20 years ago! Great guy, great company, great forums.

RIP Spie, respect.

Permabanned
My deepest condolences to the Proudfoot family, friends and of course the whole OCUK community. RIP Spie, you were truly a godfather of the whole UK PC community and leave behind a fantastic legacy, as well as a wonderful family.

Back
Top Bottom