• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
One of the reasons why I'm holding on to my Strix preorder :)

20150531_173634.jpg

20150531_173811.jpg

20160630_103952.jpg

Associate
Would also like to know this please!

Confirmed this morning, first round OCUK allocation on GTX1080 FTW is 50 units to arrive as promised next Wednesday/Thursday worst case.

I would expect to follow with another shipment of similar size or slightly bigger the week following

Other select partners in Europe will also receive first allocation same day along with EVGA EU store.

Thanks
Ben

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Confirmed this morning, first round OCUK allocation on GTX1080 FTW is 50 units to arrive as promised next Wednesday/Thursday worst case.

I would expect to follow with another shipment of similar size or slightly bigger the week following

Other select partners in Europe will also receive first allocation same day along with EVGA EU store.

Thanks
Ben

Thanks Ben!

Associate

Thanks
Ben
Are SC numbers similar?

Soldato
Plenty of cards in stock, just switch buddy as the custom cards seem to do little to nothing for OC ability as lower nm process does not benefit from voltage or power phase unless on extreme LN2 cooling.

Custom cards this time are all about coolers and aesthetics as lower nm process and GPU Boost 3.0 loves low temperatures, this is why Gainward, Palit and Inno3D are so strong this round as their coolers are better. Also AIO and waterblocks are great for Pascal as then they boost in the 2.1-2.2GHz region. :)

Strictly speaking not totally true is it, considering you have no idea what custom bios might do for the ability to over volt the cards... Dual bios is a good thing if you plan on doing that, as I do.

Doesn't matter what it looks like, i'm removing the stock cooling anyway, its the potential of what I can do with it in future that counts.

Associate
I was going to buy a 1070 today, but have couldn't stop myself from ordering a 1080 FTW. Saw it for 599.99 on another site and couldn't resist. Don't know what the incoming stock/pre-order situation is like on that site though, so may end up waiting but it's the cheapest price I can find for the model.

Associate
This custom bios has become like AMD "drivers will fix everything".

Even if comes and the 1080 becomes voltage unlocked, you're still getting what - 50 Mhz? 1 Frame?

Last edited:
Associate
I was going to buy a 1070 today, but have couldn't stop myself from ordering a 1080 FTW. Saw it for 599.99 on another site and couldn't resist. Don't know what the incoming stock/pre-order situation is like on that site though, so may end up waiting but it's the cheapest price I can find for the model.
If you were joining the queue here today, it seems like it will be a while yet at the 50pc per week that Ben mentioned earlier. Not sure what the situation in the jungle is like, but probably safe to assume its similar to here.

Soldato
This custom bios has become like AMD "drivers will fix everything".

Even if comes and the 1080 becomes voltage unlocked, you're still getting what - 50 Mhz? 1 Frame?

For some people overclocking is part of the fun. Diminishing returns maybe, but if you've got a full loop already and enjoy that side of things I can see why you might want to hold out for a better clocker etc.

Associate
If you were joining the queue here today, it seems like it will be a while yet at the 50pc per week that Ben mentioned earlier. Not sure what the situation in the jungle is like, but probably safe to assume its similar to here.

Yeah, that is my fear. I can be quite impatient sometimes, so cancelling my order and getting one that is in stock may still happen :rolleyes:

Associate

Thanks
Ben

only 50 FTW, sigh.....:mad:

Last edited:
Associate
My Oculus turns up today and I'm 160ish down the line for the FTW :mad:

I've managed to get hold of a banged up 970 to keep me going. I reckon at least another three weeks at the rate these FTW's are being shipped...

Back
Top Bottom