• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Soldato
Confirmed this morning, first round OCUK allocation on GTX1080 FTW is 50 units to arrive as promised next Wednesday/Thursday worst case.

I would expect to follow with another shipment of similar size or slightly bigger the week following

Other select partners in Europe will also receive first allocation same day along with EVGA EU store.

Thanks
Ben

What about SC size?

Soldato
As much as I would love to send my full allocation to Overclockers UK you have to remember we have a lot of customers around Europe.

We are also restricted on GPU delivery as all are still, the scene is improving though.

Would you say it is very likely that the next batch will be the following week? Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Except of course for Gigabyte, Palit and MSI who have shipped OcUK 100's of units to clear the preorders, clear the extra demand from people changing their orders and still manage to have enough for stock on shelf.

But you don't know how many volumes of each you're talking about. The EVGA cards seem to be the most in demand, so it stands to reason they'll be harder to get hold of. I think it's a tad unfair to jump on EVGA, I'm sure they want to supply them as much as people want to get their hands on them.

Soldato
But you don't know how many volumes of each you're talking about. The EVGA cards seem to be the most in demand, so it stands to reason they'll be harder to get hold of. I think it's a tad unfair to jump on EVGA, I'm sure they want to supply them as much as people want to get their hands on them.

Asus Strix 1080 is the biggest in demand. Asus is sending 1000 cards to UK the coming week. Was said on twitter.

Caporegime
Except of course for Gigabyte, Palit and MSI who have shipped OcUK 100's of units to clear the preorders, clear the extra demand from people changing their orders and still manage to have enough for stock on shelf.

aSUS AND evga would say they have sold 1000s compared to the 100s those other companies have sold ;)

On the other hand even considering that, the fact that EVGA have still to deliver a single FTW to europe is a bit damning.

Associate
I should be in the first batch thankfully but considering this is my first EVGA card, I'm unimpressed with this whole delay fiasco. Watching the US buyers get theirs delivered while we're still thumb twiddling is just icing on the cake.

If I hadn't bought mine via work to save a few quid I'd probably have cancelled and bought a different manufacturer's card already.

Associate
Asus Strix 1080 is the biggest in demand. Asus is sending 1000 cards to UK the coming week. Was said on twitter.

Was 67th in the queue back on 27th May. 26th in the queue on the 25th June.

Even counting for supply only actually appearing halfway though that period I can see coastal erosion moving towards me faster than that card.

e: and yes, it's absolutely not OCZ's fault, it's just... :(

Last edited:
Caporegime

Which is a lot more than EVGA are sending.................

Either EVGA got shafted by Nvidia on stock which I don't believe or EVGA have had serious issues making their boards which again is worrying in its own right.

Associate
Considering I ordered my MSI GTX 1080 ARMOR over a month ago and still haven't received it, I called up to find out the status of it today.

Stupidly I didn't digitally sign the finance order so it was never processed :o
Now it's all sorted but I'm back to the end of the cue. Fortunately there are only 10 people in the cue but I have no idea when I'm going to get it.

Annoying as my Oculus Rift arrived at the start of the month and I've hardly touched it :(

Soldato
Which is a lot more than EVGA are sending.................

Either EVGA got shafted by Nvidia on stock which I don't believe or EVGA have had serious issues making their boards which again is worrying in its own right.

I think EVGA just took there time making them. On stock: Maybe pressure from US retailers also(who knows?), but they received first batch and then second batch, which imho was not right. They should have split batches up for different regions. That didn't happen. All stock went straight to the USA.

It's done now. Lets hope we all get our GPU's we all paid for and move on. I definitely learned a lesson here, I'm never per-ordering a GPU ever again.

Back
Top Bottom