• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
They've all gone up. Launch prices, surprisingly seem quite attractive now :)
That's just a beginning mate and it's only going to get worse...that's what happens when we leave making decisions about the future of this country to bigots and people with less than half a brain cell and those who will not participate in the medium to long term future (pensioners).

posting stuff like this is not the right move at all. reported.

Associate
posting stuff like this is not the right move at all. reported.

Good move Griff, it's one thing to hold such misguided beliefs, it's quite another to hit people round the head with them on public forums.

Any news on the 1080 STRIX?! MumboJumbo is absolutely right, there is a definite information black hole regarding them. I am in the same position as Kezz, been waiting tooooo long!

**Update - I just spoke to an operator on the batphone and they said no 1080 OC STRIX's were received yesterday, they are hoping they will turn up on Monday or Tuesday.

Last edited:
Associate
Good move Griff, it's one thing to hold such misguided beliefs, it's quite another to hit people round the head with them on public forums.

Any news on the 1080 STRIX?! MumboJumbo is absolutely right, there is a definite information black hole regarding them. I am in the same position as Kezz, been waiting tooooo long!

Maybe Gibbo simply forgot about them with the myriad of types of cards he has to deal with. Yesterday he forgot about Zotacs as well, so let's wait and see what he says. There must be some update pretty soon.

Associate

**Update - I just spoke to an operator on the batphone and they said no 1080 OC STRIX's were received yesterday, they are hoping they will turn up on Monday or Tuesday.

I am not holding my breath. So many false statements. However, I will not cave in and cancel/jump ship; especially with the way prices have changed.

Associate
there was an announcement on twitter yesterday that FTW was in stock. Literally a few minutes later, maybe less than 5 (!), there was a second one saying it went out of stock.

evga.jpg

And this is exactly why EVGA can do one as far as I'm concerned what makes there money better than ours for them to have theirs weeks before us? They can **** right off!

Associate
I am without a GPU at the moment and had a FTW on pre order and looking at the stock situation i changed over yesterday for a MSI founders edition instead that was in stock,they upgraded me to Sat delivery as i am sure i never paid for that and arrived this morning. Good Job OCUK :)

Soldato
That's just a beginning mate and it's only going to get worse...that's what happens when we leave making decisions about the future of this country to bigots and people with less than half a brain cell and those who will not participate in the medium to long term future (pensioners).

I think it is more down to Brexit and the £ but that's now stable after last week and Gibbo did sort the prices but it's crept up £100 in the space of 5 days.

Soldato
I am not holding my breath. So many false statements. However, I will not cave in and cancel/jump ship; especially with the way prices have changed.

Another Asus Strix OC pre-orderer here. Stay strong, chaps. Don't let your pre-order deal go. We'll get our cards eventually.

Associate
-snip-

P.S. Gigabyte shipped us the first batch of WaterForce, only 5-10pc but due mid next week, that has to be one of the best cards out at moment on an extreme level with AIO. :)

Ahh curses so that's me probs not in I was 20 something when I swapped off the hybrid any idea when the next one comes along?

Soldato
Has anyone heard anything about the reference blower models? For non overclockers how do they fare from a noise perspective? They seem like good contenders for powerful mini itx builds.

Soldato

LOL, your statement about pensioners outlines that you also have bigoted views!

Associate
This thread should seriously be cleaned up so it contains what we all came here for - hard facts and info on the stock and availability of these cards, get rid of all the whining and complaining. It's about 150 pages longer than it needs to be :D

Associate
I managed to snag a palit gamerock premium with one of those g panel things earlier. Should be here Monday hopefully. Looks ugly as sin so might get a solid panel for my case lol.

Soldato
This thread should seriously be cleaned up so it contains what we all came here for - hard facts and info on the stock and availability of these cards, get rid of all the whining and complaining. It's about 150 pages longer than it needs to be :D

If people don't point out grievances then nothing will ever change.

EVGA in particular have had a shocking release for their cards in the UK, I'm guessing/hoping that Ben has fed this back to someone who cares enough to at least consider what went wrong here.

Myself and many others have switched from EVGA due to this, and a customer only tends to buy a card once, it's a totally lost sale for them.

They'll probably still be fine with pre-orders out-stripping supply, but it's still a bum deal for the customer, and it doesn't help their brand.

Back
Top Bottom