• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Well, after thinking about my pre-order of the Strix for the last few weeks to the point of obsession and concern - today I've decided to cancel my order entirely.

Why? Well, it sounds like a great card but there are so many others boosting to the same level. My primary concern is that the fan noise will be negligible but will grate with me. I've been hunting articles, comparisons and reviews compulsively and it seems like MSI and Gainward/Palit have the upper hand on quiet cooling.

So I think MSI Gaming X is the route to go for me now, as I'm going SLI for 4K and I don't want to squash two 3-slot cards close together.

I hope I haven't made the wrong choice. Good luck to those remaining in the Asus pre-order queue!

So after only 3 weeks my brothers EVGA 1080 SC has developed a faulty fan controller! the seller agreed an immediate swap however has no EVGA in stock and no ETA. This has prompted a rethink and change to a MSI Gamer X which is plentiful. As a token the seller is bridging the cost difference and even doing a doorstep exchange on Monday morning. Thats CS folks!

I myself have my Strix OC system arriving on Tuesday at long last so I hope its as good as I want it to be.

Last edited:
Soldato
So after only 3 weeks my brothers EVGA 1080 SC has developed a faulty fan controller! the seller agreed an immediate swap however has no EVGA in stock and no ETA. This has prompted a rethink and change to a MSI Gamer X which is plentiful. As a token the seller is bridging the cost difference and even doing a doorstep exchange on Monday morning. Thats CS folks!

I myself have my Strix OC system arriving on Tuesday at long last so I hope its as good as I want it to be.

That is customer service. :eek:

With my faulty MSI Armor OC, I had to spend all day with a game of cat and mouse with OCUK, posting videos, for them to even send me a return label, but the RMA guy wouldn't even check with sales on when they had any more coming in, and certainly nothing like that kind of offer.

Their best technical suggestion was to remove the 2nd graphics card, which I had only reinstalled to record a video to show that my 980ti worked and the 1080 was corrupted on the HDMI using the same cable and devices, and then wasted another 2 hours by not responding to my email and instead getting uppity at the tone of my email... I had to point out about 4 times that it was their responsibility to send me a shipping label and had to quote the trading standards website at them before they finally agreed to.

Associate
Which is likely to come first in large quantities the EVGA hybrid or gigabyte water Force? Tired of waiting now... Might switch or just cancel don't want to wait while August.

Associate
With my faulty MSI Armor OC, I had to spend all day with a game of cat and mouse with OCUK, posting videos, for them to even send me a return label, but the RMA guy wouldn't even check with sales on when they had any more coming in, and certainly nothing like that kind of offer.

That's a shame, glad I'm going to go with EVGA for the first time as you don't have to deal with the retailer for support, EVGA assist you directly.

Associate
Which is likely to come first in large quantities the EVGA hybrid or gigabyte water Force? Tired of waiting now... Might switch or just cancel don't want to wait while August.

I would think the Waterforce but I would try and check with Gibbo on that. Last time I asked Gibbo he said well over 100 Waterforce cards have been ordered from Gigabyte. No idea what the real eta is though. It doesn't seem like the EVGA Hybrid is in production yet so I would be a bit surprised if a decent batch came before August 1st.

Associate
I would think the Waterforce but I would try and check with Gibbo on that. Last time I asked Gibbo he said well over 100 Waterforce cards have been ordered from Gigabyte. No idea what the real eta is though. It doesn't seem like the EVGA Hybrid is in production yet so I would be a bit surprised if a decent batch came before August 1st.

its a long wait for a hybrid card waiting on an MSI sea hawk wudnt surprise me if its August for all hybrids.

Associate

Their best technical suggestion was to remove the 2nd graphics card, which I had only reinstalled to record a video to show that my 980ti worked and the 1080 was corrupted on the HDMI using the same cable and devices, and then wasted another 2 hours by not responding to my email and instead getting uppity at the tone of my email... I had to point out about 4 times that it was their responsibility to send me a shipping label and had to quote the trading standards website at them before they finally agreed to.

Great CS there :(

Associate

Geez.... I thought OCUK had a good reputation for customer service.

Associate

To be honest, OCUK do have awesome CS and I think you were dealt with either a noob or some idiot that could't be arsed. This person brings down the reputations that others have worked hard to achieve.

Soldato
Yes same! OCUK have always had top CS in my opinion. I have had on a few occasions when my Thursday order was a bit late on and not shipped in time for Friday. They have upgraded my order to sat delivery free of charge for me. RMA's I've had have been a pleasure.

I think the odd person does let their reputation down. If your a first time customer and get treated like that. It's sure enough to make you not shop there again.

Associate
Can someone from OCUK provide information on this mysterious Strix OC card? Apart from the 1000 supposedly on for Friday 1st, and not specific as to whether they were the non-OC/OC versions of the GPU we have heard nothing.

This iGPU on my 6700K is hacking me off.

Associate
I wonder what the queue system is regarding card pre-orders and system pre-orders!

Maybe i should have just shelled out for a full system like you :D

Well, i'd been away from PC's for the past 6 years or so - had been happy with an Imac 27 and consoles - so was starting from scratch and was in need a full system. I took a while finding the right spec, ordered then came here and picked up an x34a and k70 rapidfire keyboard. Everything looks great just haven't had the PC for over a month :) DPD should be with me Tuesday so hopefully my new setup will be complete.

When I was scoping out I spoke with CS here and they advised that system builds did take preference with GPU's. It mattered not as I was #1 in the queue for OC Strix with my chosen seller at that point after paying up front on 27/5.

Last edited:
Associate
MSI Armor OC

Not posted on the forum before but been a lurker, I also ordered a MSI Armor OC from OCUK. Interestingly I also had problems with my one producing white boxes all over the screen while gaming, I wonder if OCUK got a bad batch of the Armor OC? Hopefully they can replace it next week.

Associate
Not posted on the forum before but been a lurker, I also ordered a MSI Armor OC from OCUK. Interestingly I also had problems with my one producing white boxes all over the screen while gaming, I wonder if OCUK got a bad batch of the Armor OC? Hopefully they can replace it next week.

perhaps are the rush to meet demand is taking a toil on quality :/

Associate

Everytime I've had an issue I've just popped into the shop and they've sorted it there and then.

Associate
One retailer has the EVGA SC available 4th and the FTW the 5th of july. Ben saying the 6th or 7th? Can we get ours the same time?

In UK my major UK retailors will have their stock on the same days this week. Depends on customs though earliest will be Wednesday 6th and latest Thursday 7th unless any unforeseen circumstances. This stands for both SC and FTW models.

Ben

Back
Top Bottom