• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Stranger and stranger with the Aero saga. Gibbo not got any info from MSI, so I gave them a call myself. Person I got through to reckoned that OC hadn't submitted any pre orders to them, so they weren't shipping Aero with the drops to OC. Just called CS and they weren't sure what's going on as purchasing people have left for the day.

Would be good to figure out what's going on here!

Gibbo - any comment on the call I had with MSI that suggest they don't have the OC pre-orders for Aero? What did they say when you spoke to them?

Associate
For those of you waiting for Inno3D X3, I have some bad news.
They only received 5 units of X3, so it's likely that if you don't have dispatch confirmation yet, you won't get it. I ordered of 1 of June and I was 11th in queue on Wednesday.

If true its an excellent sales tactic by Inno3D, have the earliest delivery ETA to ramp up pre-orders from those keen to get a non FE card then fail to deliver week after week. I imagine few buyers would be willing to cancel an order to join the back of the line for a different manufacturer.

Caporegime
Yes due to RX 480 launch and huge amount of 10 series arriving, we've had close to 3000 orders to get shipped out today, hence overtime. :)

Shame it comes at the detriment of other stuff :( order something in stock on Wednesday, no free delivery for members (since when did that happen?) and got a dispatch email tonight saying its finally being shipped., SO Monday before I will see it :(

Associate
For those of you waiting for Inno3D X3, I have some bad news.
They only received 5 units of X3, so it's likely that if you don't have dispatch confirmation yet, you won't get it. I ordered of 1 of June and I was 11th in queue on Wednesday.

I feel very fortunate that my X3 has shipped. Get it Monday. Am working the weekend so another couple of days won't hurt. Ordered on 27th May.

Associate
If true its an excellent sales tactic by Inno3D, have the earliest delivery ETA to ramp up pre-orders from those keen to get a non FE card then fail to deliver week after week. I imagine few buyers would be willing to cancel an order to join the back of the line for a different manufacturer.

People have been changing their orders continuously and keeping their place in the queue due to OCUK's CS policy although I think lately, brexit has stopped people queue jumping as much as was going on before brexit.

Associate
Many of us are in the same boat. I can only hope this coming week we are finally forever cleansed of this EVGA FTW pre-order debacle.

EVGA have done it with me don't deserve our/my money hence why I cancelled sorry Ben not against you but EVGA as a company really screwed up this launch wont be buying from yourselves again. Asus or MSI (y)

Associate
Hey Ben (or Gibbo), any expected ETA on the 1080 Hybrid?

Last I heard it was late June/early July but due to the other cards being pushed back I'm doubtful I'll see it till the end of the month. Even a rough estimate would be nice, fingers crossed 20 will be tucked in with the classified's :p. This is my first EVGA gpu, and I was prepared to wait a month from ordering but 2 feels like a long time when every other AIB is getting the stock out and 1070s are sitting there tempting me. Price increase has me tied to this order though.

In respect to price increases: About 100 pages ago I was saying get your preorders in before the prices rise. They were rising from the start (Strix) and the Classy and Hybrid didn't even have a confirmed price when they were available for preorder ;)

Associate
for EVGA Hybird both Ben and Gibbo always said its late July .

The original estimate was late June/early July, after the Classified's. I've seen that estimate in many places around launch including here and on the EVGA forums. I'm not gonna go through this whole thread to prove it but late July was definitely not the original ETA.

Soldato
EVGA have done it with me don't deserve our/my money hence why I cancelled sorry Ben not against you but EVGA as a company really screwed up this launch wont be buying from yourselves again. Asus or MSI (y)

I do agree with you, but I've waited this long might as well go the rest of the way. This has ruined my love for EVGA.

Back
Top Bottom