1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Gibbo, May 27, 2016.

1. NirK

Mobster

Hopefully there will be no delays on the 2nd batch!!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  2. LegendaryDread

Gangster

C'mon Gigabyte, pull your finger out with the Xtreme :(

3. oldestgregg

Soldato

When are the Ichills back in stock does anyone know?

4. Simon Belmont

Mobster

Like the other guy said yes it might be a waste of money, but it's one you want. You only live once. If you have the extra to spend I would get Gaming X , Asus Strix OC or EVGA FTW, but without pre-order the last two are out of the question.

5. oldestgregg

Soldato

It was the one I wanted because the gaming editions have always been the quietest Ive owned.

Now Ive found out the Pallit is just as quiet and just as fast its not just about what I want. I bought a TX 3 days before the 980ti launch so spending money that could be saved dosnt really bother me but here I just think its a waste as its offering me nothing at all for over £100 extra

6. Shockwave

Gangster

All I can say is the following. I was a long time user of Asus products and I wouldn't buy them now. I've always had problems with MSI, and found their cooling solutions lacking. EVGA have always been top notch, and the 980ti I owned was a Palit Jetstream and I didn't have any problems with it. Seeing that most 1080s boost/oc to the same levels, and in reality you're only seeing single digit gains, why waste the extra money?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  7. Gee

Mobster

When did you order mate?

8. oldestgregg

Soldato

Dont get me wrong mate, I pretty much favour Gigabyte or MSI as the cooling and noise on the MSI cards are top notch but in this instance Im going to try Pallit

9. Shockwave

Gangster

I had some nice Gigabyte cards as well, Windforce mainly.

10. hwoodiwiss

Associate

No news on the Strix OC today... Bring on tomorrow I guess.

11. marsh2907

Associate

How do u know where u are in the queue? Is there some list or do I need to call customer service to find out?

12. PoolG

Associate

Call or post in the customer service forum.

13. oldestgregg

Soldato

Call cust service and ask

14. Alchenar

Associate

My expectations have been lowered to the point where '50+ next week' really means '10 at 1659 on Friday evening'.

15. PawCat

Associate

I'm still awaiting an update from Gibbo ...I'm 2nd in queue for X3 1080 but no idea when they are due in....

16. Greebo

Caporegime

Evga is just reference. No custom board. But uk rma and 3 years warranty. It's the perfect card if you plan to water cool.

Pallet is the best air cooler and quieter, pre overclocked, custom board, dual bios but none uk rma and only 2 years warranty.

17. Greebo

Caporegime

Got to be careful overclocking the memory. It's not just a case on not crashing. When you get near the max there is loads of error correction going on and even if both stable then 1400 memory might be a lot slower than 1300 memory.

You just need to benchmark to see what you max speed memory is, not your max stable memory.

Plus higher memory over locks pulls power away from the Gpu so you reduce your maximum GPu overclock.

18. Greebo

Caporegime

People swapping from other cards a who had ordered earlier. Suspect more asus people have swapped esp if they saw stock of ftw is coming in

19. Duncan03

Associate

Fustraiting isn't it...

20. Doppleganger

Gangster

Aye, you're right. I haven't finished my benching yet and there's a good chance the memory may come down by quite a bit.