1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Gibbo, May 27, 2016.

1. Chriseeeee

Associate

100% agree with this.

2. The-Hoff

Gangster

Anyone interested in any feedback on the new Gigabyte GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming, I have created a separate thread for it.

3. Shockwave

Gangster

I don't need to read it again, it was a post where someone is complaining about a graphics card being delivered a day later than the estimate given by the vendor rep.

4. Five.Stars

Mobster

Tbh not a day later - if it arrives on friday it gets delivered on moday at earliest unless you happen to pay for Saturday delivery. So whilst it might only be a days delay from the vendor to ocuk, it is actually a further 3 days delay to the end consumer - for a product that has been on pre-ordr for best part of 40 days already, I would say it is fair to be a little bit annoyed at that.

5. Itchytrigg

Wise Guy

Ben, any ideas on when the 1080 SC will start filtering into the step-up program? I've been registered since they first came up (the acx then was bumped up to the acx SC a few weeks back).

6. Gibbo

Commissario

Well said.

7. Five.Stars

Mobster

Let me just say as someone who has been critical of EVGA on this release, all credit to Ben for providing updates as best as he can. Obviously certain things are out of his control.

8. roge8014

Gangster

Good post, totally agree.

9. jackle13

Associate

I'm just happy they are finally arriving tomorrow and will be in most of our hands by Saturday.

10. Alchenar

Associate

Hey Ben, if you are ever interacting with customers in a public space and feeling worried about which of you looks like the unreasonable one to third parties, let me reassure you that it's definitely the one demanding you magic graphics cards out of thin air.

11. fiveub

Commissario

Not even a magician like me can just pull a graphics card out of thin air. :D

But myself, and everyone from OcUK and I am sure I can say this on behalf of Ben and EVGA too, we are doing our very best to get the graphics cards to you sooner, and we appreciate and thank you all for your patience. I will continue to wait here faster, for now, until they arrive and I will be down in the warehouse myself making sure orders are shipping as fast as they possibly can.

12. Five.Stars

Mobster

I don't think anyone is demanding that :confused:

13. PoolG

Associate

Anyone got the Palit super jetstream willing to say how they find it? Its far less ugly than the Gamerock, I might switch to one.

14. Ben @ EVGA

EVGA Rep

Many Thanks.

Nice to read.

15. Voyd

Associate

Perhaps we should open a new thread and appoint two people to pretend they are EVGA and Asus . We could then vent our frustrations in there leaving only gracious and happy comments for Gibbo and Ben in this thread . I like many others in here am very disgruntled with the amount of time we have been made to wait but have made sure I haven't posted in here while annoyed as these guys have kept us as informed as possible . We have to remember that although the information hasn't always been 100% correct they have done their best and we wouldn't get this level of interaction anywhere else . Foe example Gibbo wasnt even at work today (hope you had a good raceday BTW) but still he logs in here to check out what is going on and Ben travels non stop and still comes here out of hours to answer questions and take abuse .(perhaps if Im nice enough to Ben he might find another 25 units of ftw seeing as im 103rd in the queue lol) In all seriousness though we all know its not their fault and maybe we should give them a break in exchange for more haribo:D

16. Simon Belmont

Mobster

None of this drama would've happened at all if the GPU's released on the day set by pre-order. This was the worst I've ever seen it and hope to never see it again.

17. Gibbo

Commissario

Xie xie :)

18. Alchenar

Associate

I mean best case scenario the cards are in the back of a truck or in a dispatch warehouse somewhere and nobody but the shipping company knows where they are and there's no reason to believe that OCUK or any vendor rep has any better knowledge than we do.

19. The-Hoff

Gangster

I am surprised that there are still 6 x GTX 1080 PHOENIX GLH cards left.
    They are supposed to be pretty good. Maybe it's their asthetics as they do look a bit pants. Red, Gold n Black....yuck.

20. Scoren

Gangster

I ordered mt Ftw on day one and and like you guys I'm frustrated with the delay but as for Ben he's done his best to let us know what's going off and let's be honest one more days not going to hurt us, I'd like to say a big thanks to Gibbo and Ben for all the updates they have given us and just one question from me is, when is the HB Sli coming in to stock