• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

OcUK Staff
OP
I started as 46th in queue and I'm now 16th, so have you only had 30 or so in the last 8 weeks?

We had 8, then 14 and then 10. Plus 33 due early next week.

Asus I have to say absolutely shocking, stating 1000 were coming into the UK a week ago, turns out they actually meant 1000 cards including all Pascal so 1070's as well which now makes more sense as we had 300 units of 1070 Strix cards delivered.

Soldato
EVGA Classified same base and boost clock as the FTW.......WTF? Makes the FTW an even better deal...when it was first released and priced back in May...kind of kicking myself over that...

It's unfortunate, but I ain't swapping my card now with the price rises, classified it is, I'm sure it will be a great card.

Associate
Day what ever without the FTW cards I am 160 something in the cue. I was told by my lord commander that OCUK had gotten 50 in stock. I should be if my calculation is correct 110th something in the cue. I received a raven this morning from what seemed to be OCUK HQ. I have been told that the 16th is when the next batch is in coming. If I get a raven back of order confirmation the whole GPU watch will cheer. Until then its work ahead.

Associate
Some people like myself wont receive cards until August most probably and asking for an accurate ETA your more likely going to see a question answered more directly in parliament. :D

Caporegime
seems like the 1080 was launched too early or the manufacturing process needs a big looking at.

8 units on launch is shocking.

Yet nvidia and manufacturers and nvidia fanboys all claim its down to the unprecented demand for the card......

So from that we can assume asus only expected to sell 8 cards in the first week? Yeah, right:rolleyes:

Caporegime
I fail to see how nvidia and manufacturers can keep defending the situation as its being unprecedented demand. There are clearly issues with the making of the chips and/or the cards.

Either that or the enthusiast market is even less than the one or two precent stats show.

Associate
I fail to see how nvidia and manufacturers can keep defending the situation as its being unprecedented demand. There are clearly issues with the making of the chips and/or the cards.

Either that or the enthusiast market is even less than the one or two precent stats show.

It doesn't seem to be an issue with the making of the chips, its just wherever they are stocked they fly off the shelves. For example I follow an EVGA guy on twitter, he generally announces when cards go on sale and they're sold out. it takes literally less than 10 minutes for everything to sell out.

I've watched 4 such events thus far in the past week alone. It sure seems to me that a lot of people are buying these cards, not just our perception of the enthusiasts crowd.

It's definitely not just the 1% buying everything!

Soldato
All you Asus Strix 1080 OC pre-order people just switch. Who the hell knows when your GPU is coming? I waited 45 days for my FTW and I was about to go crazy!

Glad the drama of the 1080 pre-orders journeys over for me. My EVGA 1080 FTW comes tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom