• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Man of Honour
I would think that asus and other suppliers have to honour pricing at the time ocuk put in their own order, that would be very bad behaviour on the vendor's part to apply a price increase because they couldnt fulfill orders on time. That to me is a very odd way of doing business.

But the companies in the UK buy the cards at the dollar price, and then pay after they take delivery. So even if they placed their order a month ago the wholesale price won't have changed but the £ to $ exchange rate has tanked meaning the that they could take a bath if their margins are too slim.

Soldato
I believe they do stop, but because the coolers are so big they are super quiet any way. :)

They do indeed stop when browsing :)

Thank you for the replies. I'm a little confused though because although I've read about the Palit cards stopping their fans, the Gainward ones don't seem to according to the following review:

http://fudzilla.com/reviews/40957-gainward-gtx-1080-phoenix-glh-reviewed?start=9

Was wondering if anyone with a Gainward card can confirm this? Greebo, do you have a Gainward card?

Associate
No sign of Gibbo or Ben lately.... Going to start to lower my expectations for receiving my SC this week I think :/

HA

I don't think you guys understand how much I actually travel with work.

I am out for the rest of the week from tomorrow in London and then the Nordics so here is the last update this week from me:

Expected ETA Friday 15th at OCUK, might be Monday 18th will need to wait for tracking to confirm, will try update from hotel room this week:

40 x GTX1080 FTW
10 x GTX1080 SC - I didn't get any stock on these this week so only making up the shortfall from last week.
40 x GTX1070 FTW

Thanks again for your patience, a little delayed this week with the Typoon but only 1-2 days. Stock down a little as well.

Waiting for next week picture but hopeful GTX1080 picture should improve from what I have this week.

Thanks
Ben

Associate
:o
Sold my 290x and it's in the post, so it's AMD 5850 and Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 for me until the SC's turn up (hoping for 70 this week, otherwise I'll be waiting another week!!)

Hey at least you get to play RC2, my 7970 is barely keeping it together and safety shutdowns if I push it out of idle mode - I'm stuck on my desktop until my Inno3d x3 shows up :(

Associate
HA

I am out for the rest of the week from tomorrow in London and then the Nordics so here is the last update this week from me:

Expected ETA Friday 15th at OCUK, might be Monday 18th will need to wait for tracking to confirm, will try update from hotel room this week:

40 x GTX1080 FTW
10 x GTX1080 SC - I didn't get any stock on these this week so only making up the shortfall from last week.
40 x GTX1070 FTW

Thanks again for your patience, a little delayed this week with the Typoon but only 1-2 days. Stock down a little as well.

Waiting for next week picture but hopeful GTX1080 picture should improve from what I have this week.

Thanks
Ben

wow.....no card for me this week then! was 28th in que for SC, really thought i would get it this week. shouldnt be surprised by now

Soldato
HA

40 x GTX1080 FTW
40 x GTX1070 FTW

Thanks
Ben

That will help some of the pre-orders ben.

I say everyone waiting for GTX 1080 FTW the wait is worth it. I've been playing with mine since yesterday and it's a absolute beast! Well worth waiting for.

Hang in there fellow enthusiast.

Last edited:
Associate
HA

40 x GTX1080 FTW
40 x GTX1070 FTW

Thanks
Ben

I put my order for my 1080 FTW this week so i doubt my chances are great to be in that 40. Still great to see big numbers are being sent out per wave.

Last edited:
Soldato
But the companies in the UK buy the cards at the dollar price, and then pay after they take delivery. So even if they placed their order a month ago the wholesale price won't have changed but the £ to $ exchange rate has tanked meaning the that they could take a bath if their margins are too slim.

yes exchange rate has an impact, but I mean the price that is agreed between the two parties should be honoured.

Associate
Any new news?

only news ever received for the sea hawk was that weeks ago their was a problem with the corsair cooler hitting the chip and they were rectifying this.

other than that no solid info has been given at all. no ETA its the same for the MSI aero as well i hear

10 sea hawk turned up the other day and people have received which i am glad of.

MSI and ASUS for the SKU's they havent delivered want to keep it a secret its blatantly mid August but if they say that in the open people will cancel.

Associate
The 1080 ftw will not be "in stock" for some time they're only sending 40 to 50 a week and the queue of pre orders is hundreds long plus every day that goes by more jump ship from Asus to EVGA making it even longer . On top of that to make it all worse Brexxit has taken away our choice to buy different models without losing or spending a lot more money . My advice to anyone thinking of an Asus or EVGA is to check out the reviews on all the partner cards as they all seem to be very similar performance and clocks .
I find it hard to believe that the 2 biggest graphics card companies are the slowest to get out production to the UK and I think that 50 FTW cards since the may release is simply a joke and not a very funny one at that

Back
Top Bottom