• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Sadly I'm having the same issue at the moment. I was told I was 1st in queue for the classified card about a week or so ago then see on here that people are receiving their cards :/

Soldato
Sadly I'm having the same issue at the moment. I was told I was 1st in queue for the classified card about a week or so ago then see on here that people are receiving their cards :/

Yup they messed up, two classifieds were sold today on the website to none pre orders.
We know this was an unexpected delivery of the cards but shouldn't make a difference to us who pre ordered sat delivery or not, it should flag up on the system saying look these customers who pre ordered get their cards on the very next day.

Or sold the lot at the higher price to none pre order's which if they have done is very shady, i do hope i am wrong saying that lol

Last edited:
Associate
Yup they messed up, two classifieds were sold today on the website to none pre orders.
We know this was an unexpected delivery of the cards but shouldn't make a difference to us who pre ordered sat delivery or not, it should flag up on the system saying look these customers who pre ordered get their cards on the very next day.

Or sold the lot at the higher price to none pre order's which if they have done is very shady, i do hope i am wrong saying that lol

To be honest at this point I'd be happy with any card. I've never had any bother with Overclockers in the past but this has left a bitter taste. EVGA have been excellent in keeping us informed but I have no clue whats going on at this point or when I might actually get the card I pre-ordered almost 3 months ago now.

Soldato
To be honest at this point I'd be happy with any card. I've never had any bother with Overclockers in the past but this has left a bitter taste. EVGA have been excellent in keeping us informed but I have no clue whats going on at this point or when I might actually get the card I pre-ordered almost 3 months ago now.

The cards will here on sat, if for some reason they are not overclockers has some serious explaining to do.:(

Associate
I'm shocked they have raised the price to £829.99 even 800 was pushing it. There is no way that EVGA are charging £130 more over the FTW for this. If the price goes up anymore for a Classified it will make the Titan X Pascal look good value for money. Honestly it probably already is making it look better value for money.

Last edited:
Associate
So
just had a look on YT and jayz2penys, review of 1080 hybrid which comes at 729 usd a bit over 699 for founder edition. How can you justify 799 gb for this card ?

Associate
So
just had a look on YT and jayz2penys, review of 1080 hybrid which comes at 729 usd a bit over 699 for founder edition. How can you justify 799 gb for this card ?

At times of supply being non existent and demand through the roof our online retailers ignore any US MSRPs/RRPs completely unfortunately. They just price based on demand.

Associate
The price was around £690 when they first listed it, some of us who have had it pre-ordered for months have it at that price. The 799 is I guess the result of brexit adjustments along with usual dollar to pound hike. It's still in line with the competing products such as the sea hawk.

Not sure I would pay 799 for it myself, at 690 it was only 70 more than the price point many of the FEs were at, and judging from the review and general 1080 prices this is a great price for the performance on offer. Shame it's just taking an eternity to arrive.

Caporegime
So

Well considering its an evga card they'll be likely rare as hens teeth for at least 6 months. :eek:

Looking back at the evga hybrid 980 ti and even the hybrid kits they took forever to be in stock and seemed to be produced in really small numbers, not sure why really as it was nothing but a reference board with a custom shroud and an aio slapped onto it. I'm expecting the same for the 1080 hybrid and hybrid kit.

Associate
Well considering its an evga card they'll be likely rare as hens teeth for at least 6 months. :eek:

Looking back at the evga hybrid 980 ti and even the hybrid kits they took forever to be in stock and seemed to be produced in really small numbers, not sure why really as it was nothing but a reference board with a custom shroud and an aio slapped onto it. I'm expecting the same for the 1080 hybrid and hybrid kit.
Watch review is nothing like ref board...
Id pay for it 699 but not 799...

Back
Top Bottom