• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Soldato
But when politics affects us all its worth discussing. Still, back to the 1080. I think a lot less will purchase it due to its price

I think in general yes. 980Ti's at £250-300 used are bargains at the minute and only 20-30% slower than a 1080.

But saying that pascal drivers are young. They will continue to develop and improve for at least the next year. Where as the 900 series is at its limit now.

Last edited:
Associate
There is an emergency small shipment landing with Overclockers on Wednesday/Thursday this week to clear some backorders on FTW and Classified that were thought previously cleared. (10 units of FTW and 10 of Classified)

The more major shipment will land Monday 22nd August with SC/FTW and TBC Classified cards.

Thanks
Ben

@ Gibbo, or Ben @ EVGA have the SC's turned up yet?

Associate
@ Gibbo, or Ben @ EVGA have the SC's turned up yet?

I also would like to know when the next GTX 1080 shipment is going to come in, other places are selling these cards but my prefered choice has recently increased their price by 50 pounds for the SC card they are selling there, slightly more expensive than the FTW version. So that is not an option any longer.

I pre-ordered last week on the basis of the comment this EVGA representative made last week:

There is an emergency small shipment landing with Overclockers on Wednesday/Thursday this week to clear some backorders on FTW and Classified that were thought previously cleared. (10 units of FTW and 10 of Classified)

The more major shipment will land Monday 22nd August with SC/FTW and TBC Classified cards.

Thanks
Ben

I do hope that it comes soon.

Caporegime
I think in general yes. 980Ti's at £250-300 used are bargains at the minute and only 20-30% slower than a 1080.

But saying that pascal drivers are young. They will continue to develop and improve for at least the next year. Where as the 900 series is at its limit now.

Agreed but unless you must have the best perfromance, £600 to £800 on a card which is only 20 to 30% faster than a new 980ti you can buy fro £319 should make anybody think twice.

Soldato
Although I think that the 980ti is amazing value at Present "only 20-30%" to me is quite a big difference. For example games like BF4 hold the framerate much better and you don't see huge drops when explosions happen etc. Plus factor in the extra VRAM for future proofing. It will be interesting to see how long the 980ti's hold out, already games like the division are pushing them a bit at 1440p +

Associate
I also would like to know when the next GTX 1080 shipment is going to come in, other places are selling these cards but my prefered choice has recently increased their price by 50 pounds for the SC card they are selling there, slightly more expensive than the FTW version. So that is not an option any longer.

I pre-ordered last week on the basis of the comment this EVGA representative made last week:

I do hope that it comes soon.

Hi

Which card have you ordered please as all versions have stocks arriving this week.

Ben

Soldato
When are the power routing adapters coming in Ben.

I love my classified but the backplate does look it has a slight bend in it, is this normal like it's been sitting in a case for years and started to sag which i know isn't the reason it's like that.

Associate
I see the SC card up there now, whats this free gift thing about? do i get them as a pre-order through amazon payments as the card is being delivered?

Caporegime
Although I think that the 980ti is amazing value at Present "only 20-30%" to me is quite a big difference. For example games like BF4 hold the framerate much better and you don't see huge drops when explosions happen etc. Plus factor in the extra VRAM for future proofing. It will be interesting to see how long the 980ti's hold out, already games like the division are pushing them a bit at 1440p +

20% for over double the money though. I know that last extra bit of performance costs but you really must have every last fps to warrent that cost.

If I hadnt already bought a Titan I think i would have bought two 980tis for under £700 and saved £400.

Associate
Paragon? Available for all cards bought today for two weeks.

I looked it up, looks a bit like Planetside 2 with a bit of Warcraft thrown into the mix. interesting, i may look into it.
Edit: Sorry slightly off topic but also apart of the topic with the gifts.

Thanks Ben for pushing it through, if indeed you did so.

Last edit: The SC is now on it's way, cool.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi

Which card have you ordered please as all versions have stocks arriving this week.

Ben

classified has been put to a more decent price, can anyone please tell us when classys come in stock? next delivery batch?

I was gonna buy the ftw but did'nt coz no stock for the last month

shall i pre order, will that make a difference? when is the egva cards coming or are they limited to the numbers being produced.

Back
Top Bottom