• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Gee

Gee

Soldato
OCUK will only give you invoice on the night when they shipped the item.

I know that, but my date of purchase (when I pre-ordered) was May 27th.

According to EVGA's warranty, it says it commences on the 'date of purchase'

Ben @ EVGA - can we get some clarification on this please?

Associate
Hi All

Some updates from our side as promised:

1080 SC cards - Now arriving in some decent volumes to UK and EU channel partners. Stock a little shorter now though until back end of next week (23rd/24th) due to the gap of production from Dragon Boat Holiday.

1080 FTW cards - Our production now begins on this card next week, only review samples have thus been received by review sites, not one card has been shipped in either the US or the EU. Product will be received in Europe expected in 10-14 days time based on this production plan, and quantities will be shipped simultaneously to evga.com and select channel partners around Europe.

I will update further as and when we have more details. Sorry information to date on the FTW card has not been 100% accurate but the above should bring you right up to speed.

I am back from travel the rest of this week now so should be able to give a few updates.

Thanks
Ben

Ouch for the FTW

Thx for the update Ben

Soldato
Is this for real? So no FTW cards for another 10-14 days!?!? Sorry but EVGA is performing on the sub par side. So dissapointed and thus won't be choosing evga again I'm afraid.

@Ben evga - the date just keeps creeping forward. More delays after that too I'm assuming as not everyone will get fulfilled in the first batch. You do understand how frustrating and poor this has been?

I'm so frustrated.:(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Associate
From their website:

As you said, I won't be happy if I've lost nearly 6 weeks off my warranty period.

No it would have to be some arrangement here surly
as it would be crazy to lose 6 weeks warranty

Sry to be negative here but if i had ordered a FTW
1st. i would be very disappointed with EVGA poor ability to get the cards out
and
2nd. would cancel period

Never mind the retailer holding onto the cash for that long sry but this does not seem right.....

Associate
@Ben Evga, we don't even get a free game with these gpu's surely with all these delays you can sort us out some sort of sweetener?

yes this only seems the right thing to do

Be carefull lads
they where giving out a sub par game called gray goo
for the boiled egg site that got shipment in by mistake when these cards should have gone to the EVGA preorder web shop

Associate
One of the only faults with EVGA - they take the p*** getting their cards out at launch. If I recall correctly, something similar happened with the 980 Tis.

This time around, I'm keeping my old card until I have the new one in hand. Lose even more resale value this way, but after seeing how frustrated people are without a GPU, it's definitely worth it.

Associate
Re: warranty, I was wondering this too - ordered the FTW on 27th May, but probably won't get it until 27th July at this rate.

But I'm pretty sure you need a serial number to register the warranty, so it would make sense that the warranty starts when you receive the product - otherwise, how would you know the S/N?

PS: FTW delays make me sad :(

Associate
Changed my order to a G1, just don't fancy waiting another 2 weeks at the very least for an FTW (and I'm way down the queue anyway so it's likely to be another month for me I'd imagine), I'm not going to be putting it under water or anything so the G1 should be good enough for me.

Associate
@Ben Evga if you can't sort us out with a decent game how about the cable management add on that routes the power cables to the end of the card? :)

Associate
<snip>

1080 FTW cards - Our production now begins on this card next week, only review samples have thus been received by review sites, not one card has been shipped in either the US or the EU. Product will be received in Europe expected in 10-14 days time based on this production plan, and quantities will be shipped simultaneously to evga.com and select channel partners around Europe.

I will update further as and when we have more details. Sorry information to date on the FTW card has not been 100% accurate but the above should bring you right up to speed.

<snip>

Errr, what? Just yesterday @EVGA_JacobF tweeted that some FTW units may be shipping tomorrow.

Today @EVGA_JacobF has been suggesting that cards are being charged - traditionally done just before dispatch.

How does that tally with 'not one card has been shipped in either the US or the EU'?

Associate
Geez, this is rough for those who are holding out for the FTW. I gave up and went for the MSI Gaming x and feel even better about it now with the latest news.

Associate
Geez, this is rough for those who are holding out for the FTW. I gave up and went for the MSI Gaming x and feel even better about it now with the latest news.

I'm so tempted to switch from the Strix to the MSI X. The reviews peg it as one of the silentest of all the cards.

Associate
Not Happy

I must admit, I'm pretty ****ed off. I spoke with OC on the phone yesterday, was told that the Inno3d x4 would be available on the 17th. Ordered it a 6am this morning and now it's changed to the 30th....

Shocking service, especially as the rest of my pc build won't be shipped until it's in stock.

Associate
So do you guys reckon ordering an MSI gaming X now will arrive faster than a FTW i was the 200th in the queue 11 days ago? Hell, i'll probably never OC my card any way.

I would have thought so. I pre-ordered an EVGA FTW 1080 yesterday to find I was 259th in the pre-order queue. Cancelled that and ordered a MSI Gaming X 1080 10 minutes afterwards and was told I am 23rd in the pre-order queue.

Back
Top Bottom