• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Associate
How big is the queue for the MSI gaming x? Mine hasn't been sent yet :(

I don't know how bit the queue is but I can tell you when I contacted OCUK they are not expecting another batch until Wednesday. I didn't get mine dispatched either today. :(

Last edited:
Associate
After looking around a few competitors websites, it appears ocuk are the cheapest and have the widest range of cars. never thought I'd say that ever.

Yep only way I can get better prices is with my 5% student discount on a jungle themed website however

a) Said websites cards are more expensive than OCUK without
the discount and it only works out a few pounds less expensive with

b) no great customer updates on card shipping like we are getting here- sent 4 or 5 webnotes and got a reply in hours

c) I would have to go to the back of the line

So all in all not worth the hassle! Also I wish my case was slightly wider so I could get the Gigabyte extreme 1080- looks like a great card for the money

Associate
Yep only way I can get better prices is with my 5% student discount on a jungle themed website however

a) Said websites cards are more expensive than OCUK without
the discount and it only works out a few pounds less expensive with

b) no great customer updates on card shipping like we are getting here- sent 4 or 5 webnotes and got a reply in hours

c) I would have to go to the back of the line

So all in all not worth the hassle! Also I wish my case was slightly wider so I could get the Gigabyte extreme 1080- looks like a great card for the money

I managed to get a 1080 g1 for £559.99 got free next day delivery (but this as turned out to be 20 day delivery) + another %5 off ...problem is i am still waiting on the river people in the jungle to send me it :(

Caporegime
Maybe some of you will remember this when making remarks on the forum about OcUK being expensive.

Remember the 1080 and 1070 launch where OcUK not only got stock first but on a lot of cards were cheaper, even as much as £100 cheaper.

:)

Your still more expensive than caseking on most of them though ;)

Caporegime
Notice the exchange rate is now at 1.46

The day after the exchange rate went from 1,40 to 1.43 Gibbo put the prices up another £10 to £20 :p

So its was never about exchange rate, its all about supply and demand.

I'm not knocking ocuk and other retailers doing this, that's just capitalism and life. But please lets not pretend its all down to exchange rates when you mother company still has all the cards at the prices they were before ocuk put them up.

Guess demand in Germany isnt as strong as the uk.

Associate
The day after the exchange rate went from 1,40 to 1.43 Gibbo put the prices up another £10 to £20 :p

So its was never about exchange rate, its all about supply and demand.

I'm not knocking ocuk and other retailers doing this, that's just capitalism and life. But please lets not pretend its all down to exchange rates when you mother company still has all the cards at the prices they were before ocuk put them up.

Guess demand in Germany isnt as strong as the uk.

If I was you I'd be grateful there are multiple resellers in the UK rather than moaning about exchange rates on their forums.

Soldato
Ben @ EVGA can we have an update on the FTW please, Will the FTW arrive in good quantities early July or not? 1 competitor site has an ETA of 23rd July. Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom