• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Soldato
I've ask this question many times and it's fallen on deaf ear. I think the reason because not even they know.

They may not wish to publicly disclose how many with many competing retailers wanting to get their hands on them too.

Tempted to switch from the FTW to a Palit card, must resist...

I was initially going for the FTW, but given that most reach the same speeds and early reviews on the Palit suggest it was as quiet/quieter than the EVGA I thought it was worth a punt. I can give you some first impressions tomorrow when mine is here :p

Soldato
They may not wish to publicly disclose how many with many competing retailers wanting to get their hands on them too.

I was initially going for the FTW, but given that most reach the same speeds and early reviews on the Palit suggest it was as quiet/quieter than the EVGA I thought it was worth a punt. I can give you some first impressions tomorrow when mine is here :p

I know it's a decent card from what I've seen so far, however the size of the cooler/weight and card sag over time is the only thing putting me off slightly. Can you also let me know if the LEDs can be switched off via geforce experience? I swear these aib cards use LEDs to force you to use their own software unless you want a christmas tree inside your case.

Soldato
From Jacob on EVGA forums.

Just release already.

totally numb at this whole thing. Getting tired of waiting. Very angry as well. I wont forget what happened here. It's really made me look at this hobby differently. meh

Yes it is pretty annoying... Also bit disappointed with the PO with EVGA, EVGA cards are good and I appreciate that they have good warranty and customer service etc. but first the stocks go to EVGA USA, then the stock go to EVGA EU... then eventually the stock goes to retailers... we will see if it is a decent sized first batch... if the first batch is tiny then this is going to get more frustrating.

Associate
I ended up reordering my FTW from the jungle because I got a large student discount that probably means they are making a loss on the card. Just hope there are enough going to retailers next week that they can satisfy preorders, will suck if we are waiting till august or later for enough stock

Last edited:
Soldato
I ended up reordering my FTW from the jungle because I got a large student discount that probably means they are making a loss on the card. Just hope there are enough going to retailers next week that they can satisfy preorders, will suck if we are waiting till august or later for enough stock

August no I will not wait that long.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Waiting all this time has been too long. I will never pre-order another GPU as long as I live. This release has ruined every pre-order ever.

Plenty of cards in stock, just switch buddy as the custom cards seem to do little to nothing for OC ability as lower nm process does not benefit from voltage or power phase unless on extreme LN2 cooling.

Custom cards this time are all about coolers and aesthetics as lower nm process and GPU Boost 3.0 loves low temperatures, this is why Gainward, Palit and Inno3D are so strong this round as their coolers are better. Also AIO and waterblocks are great for Pascal as then they boost in the 2.1-2.2GHz region. :)

Soldato
Plenty of cards in stock, just switch buddy as the custom cards seem to do little to nothing for OC ability as lower nm process does not benefit from voltage or power phase unless on extreme LN2 cooling.

Custom cards this time are all about coolers and aesthetics as lower nm process and GPU Boost 3.0 loves low temperatures, this is why Gainward, Palit and Inno3D are so strong this round as their coolers are better. Also AIO and waterblocks are great for Pascal as then they boost in the 2.1-2.2GHz region. :)

It's all about aesthetics ,cooler and noise with me. EVGA FTW or Classified fit this. Asus Strix 2nd and MSI gaming X 3rd (Wish Gaming Z came out first?) These are the only cards I would be willing to buy. EVGA FTW shouldn't be long now, but it was the waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and WAITING! It feels like it's never going to come to a end.

OcUK Staff
OP
It's all about aesthetics ,cooler and noise with me. EVGA FTW or Classified fit this. Asus Strix 2nd and MSI gaming X 3rd (Wish Gaming Z came out first?) These are the only cards I would be willing to buy. EVGA FTW shouldn't be long now, but it was the waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and WAITING! It feels like it's never going to come to a end.

FTW is gorgeous, hang in the there I am sure Ben will make sure OcUK customers get their cards considering we were first to list the product! :)

Associate

Waiting for my Xtreme WaterForce <3

Associate
Does anyone have experience with the zotac offerings? Think I've finally decided I'm going all out and getting a 1080. However not really sure which way to go. Really like the look of the 5 year warranty on the zotac though. Also what is the difference between the amp and the amp extreme?

Associate
EVGA Hybrid wait is going to be epic but just love really powerful GPUs whispering at 40-50c. Rear exhaust will keep the CPU cooler too. Hopefully it'll be in stock by August 1st.

Associate
Is there any chance the Zotac 1080 FE will drop to 600? Be nice to buy one of those and a block and be able to get it to France for £700 or less, as delivery is £21.
Second question, it appears the EKWB full cover block for the 1070 fits the 1080, can you confirm?

Back
Top Bottom