• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
MSI are coming to OcUK HQ tomorrow, to go through all SKU's as now it is getting confusing trying to keep track of 100 different 10 series cards.

So MSI should have answers tomorrow, including Aero. :)

and hopefully the mythical sea hawk hybrid im sure doesnt exist :D

Associate
Asus update:

1070 Strix OC: 100+ this week!
1070 Strix: 100+ this week!

1080 Strix OC: 50 this week :(
1080 Strix: 100+ this week.

Better than previous weeks, but still not great, expected later this week, they are working on an update as I mentioned their statement of 1000 units of 1080 this week and that this seems to fall far short, looks like someone got a bit ahead of themselves.

Holy shmokes! Bring on the STRIX; can't believe it might actually arrive this week...

Associate
I ordered my Strix OC @£619. I assume if I change to another card then I pay the difference between current prices and £619.

If that's the case then it seems a bit rubbish that I backed the lame horse

Associate
Gigabyte shipped us Waterforce and Extreme Premier pack and more G1 on 1080, unfortunately it seems our shipment was short as arrived last week, so either stolen by couriers or the rest will be delivered later or tomorrow. This is now being investigated with couriers.

Asus still no response and still pushing them.

69244880.jpg

Associate
MSI are coming to OcUK HQ tomorrow, to go through all SKU's as now it is getting confusing trying to keep track of 100 different 10 series cards.

So MSI should have answers tomorrow, including Aero. :)

Possible information on the lesser spotted Aero. Fantastic!

Associate
Im torn between the Amp or the gaming x so hopefully one will arrive in stock soon

Depends what you want. Amp extreme does have the larger cooler- trend for the 1080's appears to be that the largest cooler wins in terms of thermals and noise. Overclocking is almost irrelevant sadly (though the zotac does give you a pretty nice boost clock and memory overclock)

Associate
I was on the same boat. Ordered EVGA 1080 Hybrid on release. Last week i had enough, bought an EVGA FE and custom loop (including EK block) total came to just over £800. I am now running at 2.15Ghz, 45c at load and crushing Doom/Fallout 4 @ 4k in near complete silence. I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. Granted its cost me £150 more than the Hybrid, but i have a custom system i can now look at adding my CPU to, a FULL COVER waterblock (hybrid aio only covers gpu) and a larger rad meaning my fans barely ever need to come on.

EVGA cheesed me off with lack of updated on hybrid but i stuck with them on FE as their support in their forums/twitter have ALWAYS responded ASAP.

Are you running 4k with a single OC'd 1080? Tbh I'm hoping to do the same, so if you really are able to get a stable 60FPS, that really does give me hope :) I'm seriously considering doing the same as you now, as I am not prepared to wait until August to receive the Hybrid...

Associate
dear lord, the Zotac Amp Extreme is now £680. I never thought I'd say this and I was complaining about prices when the cards came out, but the launch prices now sound really good! I am soooo happy I placed my order right after learning about the referendum results. Phew, back to my cave now.

Back
Top Bottom