OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

dun

dun

Soldato
Functional strength. Hahaha. It helps when I'm on a big unstable rubber ball with weight on my back in the real world.
It's awesome to show off, but you'd be surprised the amount of retarded comments I have read about that video with people arguing why it is such a fantastic exercise.

Soldato
Just a little picture update; I can't seem to find the old thread? Archived too?

My chest is still my weakest body part. Despite being strongest when I started training, it's lagged behind since. :( Depressing but definitely a goal for 2010!

I couldn't get the camera focused for a good pic so I put it on video mode then took screenshots of the video :p

vidpic1.jpg

vidpic2.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
Thread's still here - you just need to look for it ;) Though I will archive it and create a new one if people want me to.

Looking nice and lean mate, but I don't think much of the gangster low hung trousers :o

What are your current stats?

Soldato
I looked through the 5 SA pages and didn't see it :o

Those are my lounge around shorts, there's 2 buttons missing :p but yeah, they generally hang off me.

I'm 5'9 and about 154lb. I haven't got any measurements unfortunately.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Yeah the picture is very flattering - or he's disproportionate being only 154lbs, of which 100lbs are his arms!! :p :D

I keeed I keeed. As I already said, nice lean physique. What you after in terms of build and goals Shifty?

Soldato
:D

I am very light and struggle with weight, despite eating practically anything.

I'd like all out gradual mass, keeping it lean. Upper body, pecs are my main focus, getting them up to speed with everything else. My legs are decent overall but I'd like a lot more quad development.

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Any advice welcome? :)

Soldato
Advice? Pull your frikkin trousers up kid!!! :D

There! advice from a jealous and now over 40 year old hasbeen! :(

Its easier to be lean at a younger age, and if your genetically pre-disposed to lower bodyfat then great. BUT, them pythons of yours defy your leaner frame, so good for you matey.
If it were me, with the goals you mentioned, i'd do basic compounds. You have shape, you now want size and strength.

Soldato
I thought I sported those shorts rather well ;)

Basic compounds sound good. I do focus a lot on isolation and definition particularly upper body but perhaps it's time to change things up a bit.

My back seems to be coming along nicely through heavy compounds which is good.

dun

dun

Soldato
You have shape, you now want size and strength.

He has size and who says he wants strength? What a lot of people fail to realize is no matter how much lard you pack on if you cut it all down you aren't going to be 200lb underneath. 160 at 5'9 shredded, especially if you don't train legs much, is pretty good :)

Soldato
He has size and who says he wants strength?
Who wouldn't want to be stronger? :confused: Anyway its a side effect of heavy lifting. He may not train for the same muscle:strength ratio as a powerlifter but he WILL get stronger.
shifty is already doing heavy compounds for his back which he says is working out for him.

What a lot of people fail to realize is no matter how much lard you pack on if you cut it all down you aren't going to be 200lb underneath. 160 at 5'9 shredded, especially if you don't train legs much, is pretty good
Not sure how relevent that is in this case dun. Shifty does look good already and his bodyweight:height ratio is excellent, but he wants to add some solid mass. I doubt he's the type to O.D. on excess carbs/fats. I'd imagine he'll do fine with some proper heavy compoiunds, the right amount of rest and increasing his calorie intake sensibly. I doubt he'll pack on lard.

dun

dun

Soldato
Who wouldn't want to be stronger? :confused:
A "bodybuilder" as the thread title suggests this thread is for doesn't really care :p

I perhaps worded the second quote strangely, but it is the truth. I hate on other forums when a guy can look great but some one posts a derogatory comment based purely on his bodyweight. Not that you did, I just don't want that to start happening here :)

Soldato
Fair enough mate, its all good. :)
Although i'm not sure about the bodybuilder not caring about strength, but i guess there's plenty who may agree with you there.

Lol, i do remember back in the day when my training partner wished he had my physique, to whit i retorted "i wish i had your strength, its far more useful...." then went on to state some daft example where strength would conquer pysical looks.

Interestingly (although slightly ot) i wonder how many in this thread regard themselves as 'bodybuilders'. I personally don't, and just use it as a generic term. My interest is certainly about looking better/bigger, but also stronger and healthier.

Meh....don't seem to be doing much of either at the mo. :(

dun

dun

Soldato
I think it is perfectly valid to call yourself a bodybuilder with those goals if you are working towards them. In my mind anyone who weight trains with the goal of looking bigger and better is a bodybuilder. However within that category you have competing and non-competing. I know what you mean though, I don't say "I'm a bodybuilder" if it comes up in conversation etc, I just say that I weight train. But that is down to how the sport is perceived by 'normal' people I guess.
Anyway that's enough rambling OT by me :p It would be interesting to see what people of think of when they hear the term 'bodybuilder', but I'll take that to the gym rats thread :)

Soldato
Looking good shifty. Nice and lean.

I'm one to really keep an eye on proportioning. Arms looking good as are the shoulders some nice lateral delt development I'm a bit envious! The chest has great shape but looks a little 'thin'. Which may be down to your lean-ness. Hard to say without some better lit/not quite so blurry pics.

You may well find your chest will thicken up along with your back provided you train well.

Back
Top Bottom