OcUK HQ Motors Meet Take 4 - Cars, Computers & More - Saturday 25th May 2024

Hi there

For those who have FB, it is now an official event, see link here:

Please hit going if you are going please and feel free to post a picture of your display car in discussion area.

All entry tickets are emailed now, so if you don't have one, check your SPAM folder or get in touch with myself.
If you cannot make it then as per the email tickets sent out please do let me know as we have a reserve list building up but are currently at capacity of circa 140 display cars.

Are tickets just for exhibitors or all attending? Not had an email, I'm just coming along, no show car.

Those not displaying who registered for parking got tickets but does not guaranteee parking ok the day as we will be extremely busy.

If car park is full visitors need to seek parking elsewhere, Autobrite are allowing use of their car park which is one minute drive away:

map.jpg

Due to how busy the event shall be we cannot guarantee parking for visitors.

Weather forecast is looking promising, fingers crossed:

Weather.JPG

We have 140 cars booked to display now:
There is even a race prepared NASCAR truck coming on a trailer along with lots of other very special stuff from marques such as Lamborghini, McLaren, Ferrari, Alpine, Audi, Bentley, Porsche etc and a lot of classic cars.

We have several food stands confirmed, arcade machines and simulators within OcUK and hardware displays to check out, going to be an eventful day and a very busy one with over 200 guest signed up and registered, then plus social media and those stopping by on the day.

Why is it all the Jap car owners dropping out? I'm going to be on my own with my '90s heap
:(:p

Don't worry got a few GTR's and RX7 coming, circa 200 cars are confirmed. :D

Hi,

Ive applied through the link but not had anything back. Looking to bring my TVR Cerbera 4.5. Am I able to join and show or am i too late :S

Thanks
James

Turn up before 9am and I will fit you in. :)
You shall be Zone B/B1 just mention that to a marshal and Gibbo said so. :)

Event Guidelines and helpful info for tomorrow:

e1.jpg e2.jpg e3.jpg e4.jpg e5.jpg

Look forward to meeting some of you tomorrow, were expecting around 500 people through out the day tomorrow, so its going to busy and I apologise now if I do not get chance to say hello to everybody.
All those attending hope you have a great day, remember food wise we have:

- Goodwins Coffee (From 7am)
- Rob Moreton Hot Food catering (bacon, sausages, oatcakes etc, from 8am)
- Bowes Pizza (from 10am)
- Ice cream van (from 10am)
- All located around the back of the OcUK building near the canal with seating area, gym equipment and gazebos for cover and plenty of bins, next to Autobrite display area.
- Free canned drinks and bags are crisp will be available on the day too.
- STRICTLY NO FOOD OR DRINK IN THE BUILDING, anyone consuming drink or food on premises will be told to go outside!

Remember we have Autobrite, Hotwheels, McLaren, Alpine, Audi all attending officially as well. :)

Those display cars arrive at the times in your email / ticket, those not display arrive 10am onwards or as per email instructions.

Once we are full use Autobrite for parking or park somewhere sensible and legally, we won't be responsible if you get a ticket or towed away.

The racing SIM's are awesome by the way as are the classic arcade machines.

It was good of you to arrange decent weather too! Great turnout and my static numberplate even stayed on to keep the local constabulary happy. It has now fallen off and landed in the frunk though :D

Nice mix of cars, good pizza, and I only heard 1 BMW revving, great day out!

Even the police in attendance informed me it was one of the best car meets they have attended and would fully support and love another one in the future.

It was hard to keep track of numbers but we had around 140-150 show cars and over 100 visitor cars on day and circa 500 people in total throughout day.

The NASCAR revving was very nice and a big thank you to all who attended and helped make it a great day and very glad everybody really enjoyed it.

I took a lot of photos but for now I’ll just post these which I took after 4pm yesterday with just a handful of cars left mainly my own haha.

IMG_7514.jpeg
IMG_7518.jpeg

IMG_7520.jpeg

I shall post more later. :)

OcUK and other attendees took for more and better photos though I was too busy trying to chat to everyone and ensure everyone was happy. I somehow managed nearly 25,000 steps yesterday, LOL!

Gibbo, you never took a pic of the ZED haha

Sorry only got photos are the best Jap cars, the GTO and RX7. :p

In all seriousness it was nearly impossible for me to take photos as people kept chatting to me, zero regrets, what an awesome day and loved hearing how happy people were.
Thankfully we did have a few professional photographers present on the day, those photos and videos are been compiled and the company will sort something and post something, I will also gain access and get the photos uploaded on the forums and I am sure your car as will everyone else be featured. :)

Not sure if I posted these two, but as just been edited a little here they are, potentially again, love the little RC car. :D

A110.jpg

MCL.jpg

Last edited:
Very happy with how it all went and big thank you to all who attended and everyone who helped organise it.

In the end putting so much effort into organising it paid off as all went smoothly on the day and lots and lots of people approaching me saying how much they loved it and several people saying it was one of the best meets they have ever attended, so seems it was a big success.

After speaking to many many people one car keeps getting mentioned over and over again:

IMG_7450.jpeg

I don’t have any photos but it is Stuart’s big block C2 Corvette, had quite a few people come over and say values aside it was the car they most wanted to drive home in. :)

Back
Top Bottom