OcUK Motorbike Meet 2012 *Interest and ideas*

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I could scope out a cheap Sunday lunch type pub for everybody to head to, People around here are not bothered by gangs of bikers. Head there for lunch a social & a pic opp in the car park. :cool:

Soldato
What sort of date a we looking at? I'd prefer a weekend at the start of next month maybe?

Oh and anyone near Shrewsbury/Telford/wolves fancy meeting before the journey?

Soldato
Like I said guys, I won't be free until the end of February.

I am in India for 3 weeks from the 4th-25th of Feb.

So March would be ideal for me! And plus, we might have decent weather by then!

Soldato
OP
If we do go to the A444 then our intentions should be kept to ourselves as we wouldn't want to attract unwanted attention on the day. ;)

As it stands a meet between Hinckley & Oxford sounds good for you Big bike Dudes, Then you can head to Hinckley for a food & drink stop meet anybody else who can get down to us & then a little Pilgrimage to the Triumph factory then on up to Mallory could be put on the agenda.

As for dates we can finalise it closer depending on the weather but I got my Chopper last April & was out on it every day. :cool:

That sound perfect.

Associate
Maybe those of us around Reading could meet in Reading on the bikers island which has a lovely little bacon/coffee stand open early hours. Perfect to start the day :D

Good plan, I'm in.

March / April then...? It should be a bit hotter / lighter for long by then...?

March/April is best for me, as I can only do the last weekend of March. Free most weekends in April as it stands.

What you got?

2002 Mecatwin-tuned Bonnie Special.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
So as it stands there are 2 seperate meets so All should be catered for.

1st meet @ Bikers Island Reading with a ride out to Hinckley for the second meet. This way most should be able to attend.

Temp date so far last week in March or some time in April dependent on weather.

Associate
All sounds good, I will be at Bikers Island then for the convoy up. Who will be meeting there?

Me, Agnes and Dangermouse? anyone else?

Can't wait already :D

Soldato
Being more specific how about Hinckley, Leics. Well easy to get to & very central for most people.
Check it out on Google maps & you'll see that it's Off the M69 or off the A5 & is between Leicester & Coventry. I could scope out a decent meet point/Cafe etc

I like the idea of this, straight up the A5 so I can avoid boring motorways to get there.

Back
Top Bottom