OcUK Nikeplus Challenge

It also tells you your current pace, and I've set myself some personal goals which revolve around pace. I do tend to as will a lot of other people set out just a bit too fast and eager, with this I can monitor myself much better and as a result post better times for my 5k and 10k.

No I cycle.

So basically, you could save yourself 20 quid and just time yourself and record your pace in something like a spreadsheet?

I'd have saved myself £300 based on that logic. As a serious runner my Garmin is invaluable. Your approach may work for a short jog, but for anything other you need a bit more info. I rarely run at a steady pace and plan my training to hit certain paces over certain distances as well as mixing the pacing up. There's no way of doing that withough realtime feedback.

No I cycle.

So basically, you could save yourself 20 quid and just time yourself and record your pace in something like a spreadsheet?

Why are you deliberately trying to take this thread off course, I was setting out to see how many people had Nike plus kit already and were up for a wee challenge. I'm not forcing you to buy anything, stop complaining ;)

I'd have saved myself £300 based on that logic. As a serious runner my Garmin is invaluable. Your approach may work for a short jog, but for anything other you need a bit more info. I rarely run at a steady pace and plan my training to hit certain paces over certain distances as well as mixing the pacing up. There's no way of doing that withough realtime feedback.
Does nike+ give this info? or only Garmins?

Why are you deliberately trying to take this thread off course, I was setting out to see how many people had Nike plus kit already and were up for a wee challenge. I'm not forcing you to buy anything, stop complaining ;)

Unless you havn't noticed, I am actually trying to work out what's good about the product in the OP.

Unless you havn't noticed, I am actually trying to work out what's good about the product in the OP.

Well for me it's the fact that it stores all your information online, for instance it has all my runs stored online so I can see physical evidence that I'm improving but the biggest for me is the ability to join in on challenges, my latest one I've joined is the Scottish city challenge, I'm part of the Aberdeen team and it's a challenge to see which city can run the most miles in a year. So in other words the more social side of things and this tends to push me a lot more than just keeping my own spreadsheet, which is what I used to do. But a lot of the time I just didn't update it.

Well for me it's the fact that it stores all your information online, for instance it has all my runs stored online so I can see physical evidence that I'm improving but the biggest for me is the ability to join in on challenges, my latest one I've joined is the Scottish city challenge, I'm part of the Aberdeen team and it's a challenge to see which city can run the most miles in a year. So in other words the more social side of things and this tends to push me a lot more than just keeping my own spreadsheet, which is what I used to do. But a lot of the time I just didn't update it.

The online part sounds cool, I guess that that's the part that is unique to this product. It'd be good to have other people to compare yourself to. I think that "cyclogs" is a similar thing for cycling.

It's just a nice little thing to have, i normally always change song when i wanna have a sprint, whereas at random times it'll bring on the powersong that you have set. Plus would rather just have that on me then needing something to keep timing myself etc.

I have separate playlists for different distances that I plan on doing, a much more up tempo for a 5k or a much more relaxed for anything over 10k, i find it great to go out running listen to some good music and come home and find out all the stats for your run. My power song is atari teenage riot - speed, what are yours?

I have separate playlists for different distances that I plan on doing, a much more up tempo for a 5k or a much more relaxed for anything over 10k, i find it great to go out running listen to some good music and come home and find out all the stats for your run. My power song is atari teenage riot - speed, what are yours?

Haven't spent much time sorting a playlist yet, but mine is <rocky> Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger </rocky> atm :p:p

I've thought about adding that but decided I would just end up laughing while running and I can't have that!
I'll get a OcUK challenge set up tomorrow, but It won't start till July 1st to give some people time to join, even if it is just one or two of us, it should motivate us a bit more!

Back
Top Bottom