OcUK Nikeplus Challenge

I just joined the challenge - 'steelfish' is my nike + name. I'd better get some training in as I am really pants!

I thought I would give this a bump as we only have a day till this challenge starts! I've been taking advantage of the great weather and getting a few nice scenic runs in, well pleased with myself.

Bummer - I forgot all about this and noticed I'm nearly last after my quick run today! At least it's motivating to put more time in.

There is an app on the iphone that does something similar, the name escapes me now. It plots your route via GPS, it shows tme, distance average speed, it can also show your route on google maps, there are free and paid for versions.

It's giving me more motivation, although the top three have started off very strong. I'm struggling a bit with the heat just now and the amount of beer I've been drinking recently.
My holidays stop tomorrow and I'll be back to work so no more drinking and harder training should see me adding to my total by a bit.
Be nice to hear what everyone is training for as well.
I'm aiming to get my 5k time down sub 20 minute and my 10k time to about 40 minute so don't really do too much long distance training.

I have joined althought we are 1/2 way trough the month. Can we set up a challenge for fastest 5k. Not because im fast by a long shot 28mins :(

Ah-ha Ive just noticed its back-dated my runs for this month and put me in 4th place :). Can see me making 1st ;)

BTW my NIKE+ tag is @ndr3w

Last edited:
interested in doing this as some motivation to get my ass out the house a couple of nights a week.

Can someone confirm that the sensor works fine in a normal nike trainer shoe or does it have to get put into the nike + shoe?

Also what calibration does it need??

I think you need the nikeplus trainers, you can check by lifting up the insole and seeing if there is space for the sensor. If not you can get a little pouch that goes onto your lace's of any other shoes. I use this method when i'm running in my ASICS.

I think you need the nikeplus trainers, you can check by lifting up the insole and seeing if there is space for the sensor. If not you can get a little pouch that goes onto your lace's of any other shoes. I use this method when i'm running in my ASICS.

cool thanks for that - also what calibration does it need?

interested in doing this as some motivation to get my ass out the house a couple of nights a week.

Can someone confirm that the sensor works fine in a normal nike trainer shoe or does it have to get put into the nike + shoe?

Also what calibration does it need??

You do not require the Nike+ running shoes to use this device. You can purchase a small pouch that attaches to the laces of any running shoe for about £7 of the web. It works fine for me. As for calibration, yuo can calibrate 1/4 of a mile. Best way is to plot 1/4 on google maps from your home and run it. I must admit, I did not calibrate mine and it seems pretty accurate out of the box.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Training-Shoe...trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1685|293:1|294:50

Last edited:
You do not require the Nike+ running shoes to use this device. You can purchase a small pouch that attaches to the laces of any running shoe for about £7 of the web. It works fine for me. As for calibration, yuo can calibrate 1/4 of a mile. Best way is to plot 1/4 on google maps from your home and run it. I must admit, I did not calibrate mine and it seems pretty accurate out of the box.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Training-Shoe...trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1685|293:1|294:50

nice one - thanks for the information - will try and sort something out soon - off on holiday in 3 weeks etc

Well I'm gutted - I was doing OK for me, but I've managed to hurt my foot so I've been limping around for the last week :-(

Feel really guilty not running every other day now. I hope to get back in the swing of it again on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom