OcUK Nikeplus Challenge

I've just signed up for the Great North Run 2010, looking to do it in 1.50 - 2.00 hrs. Going to invest in a Nano and Nike+ as a little motivator I think. Just need it to stop snowing out there :) So you can count me in for this!

Link me with said strap please:)

Or a name of it.

Ive got all the bits, Ipod + Nike receiver thing:)

Some people attach it to the tongue under the laces, with some tape over it etc if you're feeling a bit nervous about it being there.

I forgot what theyre called lol, but Nike+ Sensor Holding Thingy?

Is this group still on, I want to join -

dmpoolenike.jpg

I have no idea if this works as i'm at work but i've stumbled across this :

http://awsmithson.com/tcx2nikeplus/

It appears to convert Garmin TCX files to Nike+, i'm not sure if it works but i will try it later and if so hopefully join in with this once my ankle/calf is fixed up

It does work, ive just transfered some data from garmin connect to nike+

Last edited:
Am I the only runner who thinks all this stuff is rubbish? I just think it takes away what running is all about. Must be me.

It is actually what it is about.
A nice challenge that can give you a reason to get out and do it.
My first challenge in February was to run 180k and I did it only because I was watching figures on a screen.

I enjoy running when I need to de-stress, but I also love a challenge. I will push myself a lot harder and further if I have other people to run against, makes it more fun for me. But there are times when I run without any music to chill out, it's usually slow and far though.
Also doing these challenges has seen my mates get more active as well, as their progress is clear for all of us to see and egg each other on.

Back
Top Bottom