OcUK Rolling Road Day 12 @ PowerStation (Tewksbury) - July 23rd 2011

OcUK Staff
OP
HI there

Not been home long, so shall look at getting charts up soon in this thread and a dedicated thread. :)

Just want to say thank you for everybody turning up, we had no dropouts and 25 runners in total, which is a record, not bad for a day where I took no deposits. :)
At one point it seemed like there was close to 50 cars, so awsome turnout.

Once again thanks to everyone, great to meet you all and for Bicepo, Naithwraith, Kosta, RG-Tom and Scuba for helping out and doing great job, plus the videos. :)

Soldato
DSC_1140.jpg

Seriously? An M Sport badge?

I've always wondered about this. Two options from what I can see:

A: People know about cars, and know the above is false
B: People know nothing about cars, and don't know what the badge is

I do not understand.

There's a 3 series near me with 3 exhausts - e36 shape, 2 exhausts on the left, one on the right. Pictures to follow if I remember :)

It's a damm nice car in its own right, why do stuff like that?

You also see a number of VW Golfs and the like with Audi RS badge on, don't understand that either.

Soldato
HI there

Not been home long, so shall look at getting charts up soon in this thread and a dedicated thread. :)

Just want to say thank you for everybody turning up, we had no dropouts and 25 runners in total, which is a record, not bad for a day where I took no deposits. :)
At one point it seemed like there was close to 50 cars, so awsome turnout.

Once again thanks to everyone, great to meet you all and for Bicepo, Naithwraith, Kosta, RG-Tom and Scuba for helping out and doing great job, plus the videos. :)

Your Carbon brakes owes me a new spleen, I think it got ripped out half way across Crikley hill. ;)

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Just got in - not a bad drive home! 160 miles, 27.1mpg average with an average speed of 70.0mph ;)

Great to see the old faces, great to meet some new ones too :)

Man of Honour
DSC_1140.jpg

Seriously? An M Sport badge?

I've always wondered about this. Two options from what I can see:

A: People know about cars, and know the above is false

As tacky and out of place as it looks, it isn't an M3 badge and that is a 325Ti Sport - fitted with a further 8 M badges from the factory, so you can see the thought process the owner went through when he decided it needed a 9th :p

Soldato
[TW]Fox;19652897 said:
As tacky and out of place as it looks, it isn't an M3 badge and that is a 325Ti Sport - fitted with a further 8 M badges from the factory, so you can see the thought process the owner went through when he decided it needed a 9th :p

The picture doesn't show it very well, but it was badly placed (ie at an angle) and in a random place too. I could have understood if they put it on the same line as the 325ti badge but on the left.

Man of Honour
Saw one on an E90 today in Nuneaton. 320d SE with fake MV2 wheels... and an M badge in a really odd position, including a ///POWER badge on the front wing.

On a 57 plate car..

Soldato
In other news, I have E39 horn now. Not sure it's usurped the 356 horn I was having the other day though.

Sigh, I should probably get a job fulfills my horn.

Soldato
That M badge failed hard. I don't get why people still feel the need to stick them on the back. A 325Ti Sport is fairly respectable in its own right!

Soldato
Summed up my point well - you don't look at the decent car, you laugh at the misplace badge.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious it's a Sport with its larger wheels and chunky bumpers.

I'd imagine the same people would be the type to drive a Ferrari in a Ferrari jacket if they could get their hands on one :p.

Soldato
Finally home! I think I was a bit tired towards the end as I accidentally missed my turning and went over the Dartford crossing... woops!

Was a good day with great hooning weather. Thanks to everyone for the passenger rides! I'm officially requesting an Exige ride for next time :p

Back
Top Bottom