OcUK Rolling Road Day 12 @ PowerStation (Tewksbury) - July 23rd 2011

OcUK Staff
Hi there,

I have now booked the rolling road at Powerstation in Tewksbury for Saturday 23rd July 2011. The guys at Powerstation have asked for us to be there for a 9am start. This I would say should mean that we meet there for the latest at 8.45am.

Address is as follows:

POWERSTATION
Northway Trading Estate
Northway Lane
Tewkesbury
Gloucestershire
GL20 8JH

http://www.powerstation.org.uk/

I have asked about cars with auto transmissions, DSG boxes etc, and they said that they run them all the time without problems. So hopefully anything we can chuck at it will be fine! On some cars there may be a specific dyno mode so check with the manufacturer of you car beforehand for instructions.

The dyno package costs £35 per car providing that we have at least 10 cars to run. This package includes:

• £35 per car
  • Set up car on Dyno
  • 1 Power runs
  • Full Graphing
  • Turbo cars run with Det cans
  • AFR measured

Aim to finish running on the dyno by approx 13:00 and proceed to usual pub which is surrounded by some fantastic national speed limit roads making for great passenger rides.

I think that is about it, if I have missed anything someone please tell me so I can make ammendments etc.

Running:

1. Gibbo - Andy - Porsche 911 C2S - First dyno
2. Ace Modder - Lee - Subaru Impreza WRX with mods - First dyno
3. Bicepo - Chris - Toyota Celica GT4 with mods - First dyno
4. Princey - Monaro VXR 6.0l V8 - 400bhp/400lb/ft (NO LONGER RUNNING - NOW SPECTATING)
5. [TW]Taggart - Mazda MX5 1.8i Sport - First dyno
6. Duke - Golf Mark V GTi - First dyno
7. Beermonster - Rob - BMW M5 - First Dyno
8. Vigaro - Mazda MX5 1.8i
9. -Neil- Lotus Exige S - Fixed exhaust
10. Peerzy - Porsche Boxster S - First Dyno
11. Will - Fiesta ST Mountune 185 - First Dyno
12. McHaMmEr - Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000 - New big turbo
13. !bluetonic! - Andrew - Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon w/stage 1 - First dyno
14. Howard - Mondeo ST220 - Comparing to Eurospec
15. MacRS4 - BMW E92 M3 - First dyno
16. Tom0 - Nissan 200sx S14a (stage 2) - First dyno
17. no1_dave - Insignia VXR - First dyno (NO LONGER RUNNING - NOW SPECTATING)
18. allllec - volvo 850 t5 - First dyno
19. Skeeter - Clio 172 - First dyno
20. Rizo-UK - Astra SRi Turbo with mods - First dyno
21. Rizo-UK's Brother - Astra VXR Stage 2 - First dyno
22. TW[Fox] - BMW 335i M Sport - First dyno
23. Darryn - MX5 1.8i - First dyno
24. Clarkey - Colt - First dyno
25. Naithwraith - Supra N/A AUTO - First Dyno
26. Bicepo's friend - 430BHP Focus RS - First Dyno
27. nicRob - Fiat Coupe 20v - First Dyno
28. Scarfacé - Nissan 350Z - First Dyno

Running Order which starts at 9am, anyone late shall or not about for their slot shall be running last:-

1. Fett - Possibly two very special cars - First dyno **ONLY A MAYBE**
2. Vigaro - Mazda MX5 1.8i
3. [TW]Taggart - Mazda MX5 1.8i Sport - First dyno
4. Darryn - MX5 1.8i - First dyno (Predicting 142BHP)
5. Ace Modder - Lee - Subaru Impreza WRX with mods - First dyno
6. Bicepo - Chris - Toyota Celica GT4 with mods - First dyno
7. Bicepo's friend - 430BHP Focus RS - First Dyno
8. Duke - Golf Mark V GTi - First dyno
9. Howard - Mondeo ST220 - Comparing to Eurospec
10. Will - Fiesta ST Mountune 185 - First Dyno
11. Rizo-UK - Astra SRi Turbo with mods - First dyno (Predicting 223BHP)
12. Rizo-UK's Brother - Astra VXR Stage 2 - First dyno (Predicting 276BHP)
13. Clarkey - Colt - First dyno
14. -Neil- Lotus Exige S - Fixed exhaust
15. !bluetonic! - Andrew - Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon w/stage 1 - First dyno
16. Beermonster - Rob - BMW M5 - First Dyno
17. MacRS4 - BMW E92 M3 - First dyno
18. Tom0 - Nissan 200sx S14a (stage 2) - First dyno (Predicting 310BHP)
19. Scarfacé - Nissan 350Z - First Dyno
20. nicRob - Fiat Coupe 20v - First Dyno
21. Solid - Porsche 996 C2 Targa - First Dyno (Predicting 320BHP)
22. Peerzy - Porsche Boxster S - First Dyno (Predicting 290BHP)
23. Naithwraith - Supra N/A AUTO - First Dyno (Predicting 212BHP)
24. Gibbo - Andy - Porsche 911 C2S - First dyno (Predicting 371BHP)

Maybe runners (You need to let me know, are you or not running?):

alexisonfire - Clio 182 with mods
Joe T - Mini Cooper S Works
Nicrob - Something new
-Westy-
Fett - 2 Possible special cars
ScottiB - Honda Civic 2.2 Diesel
Adam - Fiesta Zetec
Scoobydoo69 - Mini

Spectating:

1. ScoobyDoo69 - Kosta - Subaru Impreza STI
2. Muffin - Ford Mondeo ST220
3. [TW]Fox - BMW 530i
4. Blackhawk47
5. Booner - BMW Z4M
6. Phi1 - Seat Leon Cupra R
7. InvaderG1R - Shonky BMW
8. Steedie - BMW
9. DaveyDave - BMW Z4M Coupe
10. HurfDurf
11. Clown
12. Simon
13. LordMike
14. Firestar3x
15. Mud
16. Tute
17. Gayjin
18. Skyboat
19. Atomic Banana
20. PMKeates - BMW 535d M Sport
21. Freefaller
22. Panthro - New Shiny BMW M3 covered in [TW]Fox :D
23. Drexel
24. Moeks (Possibly if not jet-lagged)
25. DRZ in mystery V8 machine
26. Solid

The date is booked, I've not bothered doing a POLL for date/venue simply because you can never please everyone and it just turns into an argument, so the date is 23rd July, the venue Powerstation, post a reply in this thread if your running, maybe or spectating with your details. Look forward to seeing you all their and first drink at the pub is on me. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
way to go to organize an RR day

No ifs, no buts, no arguing, just choose a venue and a day and see if people turn up :D

Hope it pulls a decent amount. I'm working this day, going to see if i can get it off to come spectate.

Best way, because you can always go through the ifs and buts, but the end result is the same, the date and venue won't suit all.

Though if the initial response is anything to go by were already nearly upto 10 runners, though as always there will be drop outs, but if we can get 20 or so runners on the day then great. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Can we sort the running order before we arrive? I need an early slot, before 10 if possible.

Yes no problem.

Was think AWD first, then FWD followed by RWD and I'll go last. :p

You can be first mate if you wish, might ensure everyone gets there on time then. :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

As I can't remember has anyone ever seen a 911 run on Powerstations dyno, are they OK with rear engined cars? With the 911 are they easy to run or do they have a built in dyno mode?

OcUK Staff
OP
Issue with 911's is getting enough air into the engine, but I would be astonished if your car isn't running well over the numbers quoted on this dyno as it has a history of over reading doesn't it? Not sure anyone has EVER run a 911 that isn't bang on or over the numbers in the world EVER! :D

The EVO was 389BHP at TRL which is known for accuracy, wheras Powerstation was 397BHP I think. I'd say Powerstation over-reads in the region of 2-3%.

OcUK Staff
OP
Issue with 911's is getting enough air into the engine, but I would be astonished if your car isn't running well over the numbers quoted on this dyno as it has a history of over reading doesn't it? Not sure anyone has EVER run a 911 that isn't bang on or over the numbers in the world EVER! :D

Bring the RS4 to see if its lost any power?

OcUK Staff
OP
personally i don think you can say it that accurately

2 % variations could easily be caused by other factors other than the dyno. Its just too small a margin to tell whats caused it.

Yes true you could get that variation on the same day probably between runs.

OcUK Staff
OP
Awesome, Im having second thoughts now...

Id suggest you ask BMW or a BMW forum in regards to dyno's with the new M3 as to if its possible and if their is a specific dyno mode how you get the car into it. Ask on a forum or get pally with one of the BMW techs. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
[TW]Fox;19250543 said:
Look at the wording of the error code and tell me you honestly don't think it could cause problems in the future in the event of any warranty claim if you didnt know it was there and couldnt reset it.

It does automatically reset and clear all lights after 10 minutes of driving - but the error code is stored until the memory is reset by the dealer, or somebody with the kit to do it themselves.

I suspect as Simon says most cars do this, suspect my Porsche will do but I've purchased the cable and software to be able to monitor and clear codes myself so if I do get them I can just clear the code. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
[TW]Fox;19250591 said:
Not quite as easy as that on an E92 M3, they use the newer diagnostic system which is nothing like as accessible to DIY users as the older stuff is.

In time I'd imagine it will be - you couldnt simply clear fault codes on your 2001 M3 back in 2003 for example.

Best bet for the BMW guys is to ask if their is a dyno mode, the guys in the US don't seem to have any issues, but saying that the US guys are always ahead of the UK guys when it comes to dyno tuning and finding ways around ECU's.

OcUK Staff
OP
[TW]Fox;19250802 said:
You'd need to rotate the front wheels at exactly the same speed as the rear wheels at all times. Not even sure thats possible!

True but in that case then how come burnouts don't trigger such accident lights?

OcUK Staff
OP
Andy, could you please take me off the list. Before anybody appoints themselves the OCUK Dyno Day Torquemada, I didn't ask to go on the list, just enquired if we could arrange slots. We have a wedding in Cheltenham that day, the idea was (still is) to bring the best man's LP560, my brother in the SL55, the groom and his 430 and the GT-R. Only 2 would go on the rollers because of time, everybody gets to hear something nice and we have an excuse for a convoy and a pre-nuptial hoon. So far, 3 positive responses but there is the delicate matter of letting the bride know where we'll be. So rather than drop off the list closer to the time, we'd rather be added as 100% definite attendees much closer to the date.

The GT-R won't be going on the rollers, I know what it's running now so I'm chasing the tenths, not the ponies.

If we are there, sure.

Done m8! :)

Back
Top Bottom