OcUK Rolling Road Day 22 @ Viezu & Caffeine and Machine (Warwickshire) - Saturday 1st December 2018

Sgarrista
Commissario
I must say comparing this to my last run there, something is off, have checked the logs and car was in the right map, so unsure why its all of a sudden lost 40 horses on the same dyno.

Soldato
Strange, mine shows 352HP & 397FT/LB @ the crank on the PDF here. But the conversion they did on the day for me showed 367HP and 404FT/LB.

Peak HP should be after 6300RPM but they only ran till 6000.

Unsure what to make of it all, car made good numbers regardless - despite cooling issues after the first run.

Soldato
OP
So ... cooling was an issue for some then. This is why it's pointless using a dyno...

Pointless using a dyno? Really silly statement there, we've already discussed why top mounts are hard to cater for. If you want an accurate dyno run you should go to a Subaru tuning place for a dyno run and just pay the full price. A lot of them have great cooling even without a direct fan on the intercooler. But to say it's pointless using a dyno couldn't be further from the truth.

I expected heat issues, so I should have kept my bonnet up and my fan on. My first run was actually better than I had expected, and my car is genuinely very sensitive to heat soak unlike my last one... However, a lot of cars did run without issue.

My limiter is 7200RPM so it looks like that graph stops 650~RPM before the limiter. Though it doesn't look like it had any more to give anyway. But on some of them it looks like they would have given more power/torque if revved out more? Some of them are still climbing where the graph cuts off.

Most places don't hit the limiter unless it's continuing to make power, which is fair enough, especially on a dyno day. But yeah I'm of the view that a dyno pull should be the full rev range right up to the limiter, and so there is some confusion as to why a good few of the cars either didn't getting revved out especially when they should have still been making power.

Strange, mine shows 352HP & 397FT/LB @ the crank on the PDF here. But the conversion they did on the day for me showed 367HP and 404FT/LB.

Peak HP should be after 6300RPM but they only ran till 6000.

Unsure what to make of it all, car made good numbers regardless - despite cooling issues after the first run.

Did you take any pictures of the on the day conversion figures for comparison?

Soldato
Car still in the shop, coil packs replaced and still not quite right. I think the next step they will check is the vacuum lines.

The courtesy car is the 1.0 litre i10 go! SE. About as slow as you can get away with but good tech with android auto which has been interesting to play with.

Soldato
Right seems like they fitted standard spark plugs when it got serviced. The rolling road day will have promptly help melt those a bit which I am thankful for because it showed up the problem quickly. When they got it back in they replaced them with iridium ones which solved the issue. However one had a manufacturing defect and failed in 24 hours so they have replaced it.

Bit unlucky that one failed bit if it would then I guess it would then.

Run it to work and back (40 mile round trip) and it seems much happier.

Back
Top Bottom